WAM reset? (1 Viewer)

sdtx

HSC
So I'm currently studying a bachelor of medical science at usyd...but I realised very early on that I had made the wrong choice and was just completely detached from my course - now I think I'll either just pass and get a credit in a few subjects (might even fail one). I want to transfer to arts (economics) in sem 2. Will a change in faculty reset my wam or should I just start economics at unsw in sem 2 so my wam will reset and this first semester will become a distant nightmare that exists only on my hecs debt?

Silly Sausage

HSC
Nope, as long as you're at USYD you've got that transcript for the rest of your undergrad life.

Kolmias

HSC
You could contact USyd and ask them if you could repeat the semester then hopefully transfer after that.

You could also try and get into Arts with your ATAR. I thought that it is only after your first year of uni does your ATAR not matter anymore.

sdtx

HSC
You could contact USyd and ask them if you could repeat the semester then hopefully transfer after that.

You could also try and get into Arts with your ATAR. I thought that it is only after your first year of uni does your ATAR not matter anymore.
I have an atar over 90 so the sem 2 transfer is no problem. I'm asking if switching courses and faculties will mean that my sem 1 science courses will be counted into my arts wam, as I'd like to do a JD

Kat92

HSC
I don't know if USYD is past the point of withdrawing without academic penalty or receiving special circumstances but that could be an option. That way you would have something like a WW or WD on your transcript and these do not count in terms of WAM/GPA if it is true what Silly Sausage has said about it staying with you permanently at USYD.

If you have completed less than 48 credit points at the end of this semester, your application to transfer will be based on the qualification that was used to gain entry to your current degree, usually your ATAR or equivalent. Once you have accumulated more than 48 credit points, your performance in your current degree becomes a factor in determining your eligibility if it is better than your previous results. Also, in some cases you may need to reapply to UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)