UNSW Student Wanting to transfer to MQ or WSU (1 Viewer)

byz

HSC
Hi guys, first time posting here. Thought I would try my luck.

I just finished my first year at UNSW in a Bachelor of International Studies and was thinking of changing to a Law degree anywhere possible in Sydney. Unfortunately, I only ended up with a low credit average this semester due to a lack of concentration.

I was looking to transfer to a Law degree at either Macquarie or WSU through UAC.

I only enrolled in 5 subjects this year (or 0.625 full-time equivalent) and my 2015 ATAR was about 90. I've heard that my 2015 ATAR will be considered if I have studied less than a full-time year equivalent at uni but not sure?

I was wondering if you guys had any advice about my chances at getting either MQ or WSU Law, or maybe where I should start looking, etc.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

hazet

HSC
you'd probably get into WSU with your atar

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Hi guys, first time posting here. Thought I would try my luck.

I just finished my first year at UNSW in a Bachelor of International Studies and was thinking of changing to a Law degree anywhere possible in Sydney. Unfortunately, I only ended up with a low credit average this semester due to a lack of concentration.

I was looking to transfer to a Law degree at either Macquarie or WSU through UAC.

I only enrolled in 5 subjects this year (or 0.625 full-time equivalent) and my 2015 ATAR was about 90. I've heard that my 2015 ATAR will be considered if I have studied less than a full-time year equivalent at uni but not sure?

I was wondering if you guys had any advice about my chances at getting either MQ or WSU Law, or maybe where I should start looking, etc.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)
Apply through UAC, and then if you get in, you can apply for recognition of prior learning.

I was at UNSW initially and just applied through UAC. My ATAR was 91.90 and I got into Accounting/Law at MQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You would 100% get into UWS.

You would probably get into MQ with your credit average.

Depends where you live closer to tbh. I guess Macquarie is probably better though, idek.

byz

HSC
Thank you, I've already applied through UAC in time so fingers crossed~

My ATAR was 1-2 points below yours and my uni marks have been mediocre but hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get into MQ just like you did :^)

byz

HSC
Yeah, I would've been accepted last after after the HSC already but silly me wanted to do an arts degree.

MQ and WSU are both much closer to me than UNSW, but MQ would definitely be the dream. Sadly my WAM dropped to 63.5 (just below credit) but we'll see how it goes.

byz

HSC
Thanks, still a bit cautious about WSU Law since I've heard that employers and firms tend to prefer graduates from more "prestigious" unis...

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Thank you, I've already applied through UAC in time so fingers crossed~

My ATAR was 1-2 points below yours and my uni marks have been mediocre but hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get into MQ just like you did :^)
I had only done two subjects at that point when I applied, so it was like starting afresh! Haha.

Good luck [emoji7]

byz

HSC
Just got an offer this morning to B Law/B International Studies at MQ so I guess my marks just scraped me in!

It'll be a great chance to start afresh with a reset WAM too :')

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Just got an offer this morning to B Law/B International Studies at MQ so I guess my marks just scraped me in!

It'll be a great chance to start afresh with a reset WAM too :')
Congrats! I hope you like MQ!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)