Second semester transfer questions (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
Hi, I'm a first year student at UNSW and I'm hoping to transfer to Usyd in second semester for a number of reasons. Ideally I would like to transfer into science/arts or science(adv math)/arts, or com liberal studies at Usyd. I got an ATAR of 99.1 last year, so I made all the main round ATAR cut offs for these courses, but do the cut offs increase if I am applying for second semester due to less spots?
- I'm still not 100% sure if I can actually transfer in second semester, from reading on the website and calling Usyd, it seems like I can, but I just want to confirm that I actually can.
- Will my WAM from first semester at UNSW carry over to usyd?
- If I try to get some of my courses from UNSW(mainly math and micro economics) credited towards my usyd degree, would they take into account my marks, or just the course content and how similar it is to the Usyd courses?

D94

HSC
N/A
but do the cut offs increase if I am applying for second semester due to less spots?

- I'm still not 100% sure if I can actually transfer in second semester, from reading on the website and calling Usyd, it seems like I can, but I just want to confirm that I actually can
You are competing for a spot (via UAC). If there are n positions available, and your ATAR is in the top n, then you will get an offer.

- Will my WAM from first semester at UNSW carry over to usyd?
No

- If I try to get some of my courses from UNSW(mainly math and micro economics) credited towards my usyd degree, would they take into account my marks, or just the course content and how similar it is to the Usyd courses?
Similarity, but even if they are identical, they can still tell you to redo those courses. It's up to USYD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)