Internal or External Transfer?? (1 Viewer)

nobody3112

HSC
I have a goal of getting into UNSW after a transfer since i didn’t reach the ATAR needed.

I’m basically thinking of two ways to do this, but im not sure which is the better way to go..

1. Study either a combined Business degree at UTS (most likely with Law or Engineering) and then do an external transfer to UNSW Commerce, Law, or Engineering. How hard is it to achieve any of this? How much would I need to study on average?
And if I choose not to transfer from here, is UTS a good uni to stick with??

2. Study Aviation Management or PR at UNSW, then transfer after one year. Is this significantly easier than an external transfer? If so, how much easier? Or is it a waste of time to study these things?

And what’s the difference between transfering after one semester vs after one year?

Would really appreciate any feedback :)

arrivederci

HSC
Internal transfer is supposedly *easier* than external for unsw bc they like to prioritise their own students first so the marks required would be lower for unsw students. You can check out the internal program transfer page for wam requirements.

That said, if you don't make internal transfer and get stuck with a degree you don't want to do then that's a big problem. It's a risk that you need to consider.

Also in UNSW to be able to transfer programs, you need to have a minimum amount of credits completed which translates to roughly a year at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)