Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On the topic of University Transfers...

ace
    is retired
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Minai
    there really is no way to judge NRSL cutoffs unless you talk to the right people and find out
    It seems no one in UNSW (admission people wise) seems to have a CLUE WTF is the NRSL.

Spoke to the admissions, they tried to pass it off as the UAI, and wouldn't let it out, that such NRSL existed.

Spoke to the associate dean of the fce department, he looked at me, like I was on crack or something, he trully had no clue wtf I was on about.

Spoke to a pile of admission people for fce, they had no clue about it, trying to again pass the UAI off as NRSL.

Now I ask, WHOM IS THE RIGHT PERSON, so I can ring them and basically SCREAM AT THEM, FOR BEING (*NEARLY) IMPOSSIBLE HARD TO FIND

LLB (Hons)
    HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ace
    It seems no one in UNSW (admission people wise) seems to have a CLUE WTF is the NRSL.

Now I ask, WHOM IS THE RIGHT PERSON, so I can ring them and basically SCREAM AT THEM, FOR BEING (*NEARLY) IMPOSSIBLE HARD TO FIND
    but of course ace... there is no such index known as Non-Recent School Leaver (NRSL) Index. it is simply a term that me and the other transferees use to state 'the average of one's UAI and first-year results (using the conversion table)', expressed as a number out of 100.
    Last edited by Frigid; 20 Jan 2005 at 6:32 PM.

ace
    is retired
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigid
    but of course ace... there is no such index known as Non-Recent School Leaver (NRSL) Index. it is simply a term that me and the other transferees use to state 'the average of one's UAI and first-year results (using the conversion table)', expressed as a number out of 100.
    then how come MACQ admissions know about it (not referring to grizzly, but rather the macquarie forums)

LLB (Hons)
    HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ace
    then how come MACQ admissions know about it (not referring to grizzly, but rather the macquarie forums)
    perhaps they use the term for convenience as well.. what i'm saying is, it isn't an 'official' term, like UAI or GPA. we simply call it NRSL because that's what transferees are - Non-Recent School Leavers.

ace
    is retired
    HSC
    perhaps they use the term for convenience as well.. what i'm saying is, it isn't an 'official' term, like UAI or GPA. we simply call it NRSL because that's what transferees are - Non-Recent School Leavers.
    Yeah, when I speak about it. I don't go, what's the NRSL rank. I try and get the term Non-recent school leaver out first, before they go UAI UAI, no no no, UAI UAI only, type crap.

On a side note, you've got an obsession with the size=1 text size.

hello people!

im currently at tafe and want to apply for uni during the mid year applications.
    Does the above formuale come into play for me?

and will my UAI matter?

for example i got a uai of 68, and i read somewhere that in order to get into uts i need a minimum of 66.

HSC
    what's the difference between a pass and a conceded pass?

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by ToO LaZy ^*
    what's the difference between a pass and a conceded pass?
    One is an actual pass and the other is just lame.

HSC
    either way you dont have to do the course again and hence pay for the hecs 2nd time round
    All spelling errors are for your viewing pleasure!

HSC
    so conceded pass is like..ill trade sexual favours for a pass..

Shuter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToO LaZy ^*
    so conceded pass is like..ill trade sexual favours for a pass..
    It's like "you really suck, but since we need you to stay in uni and continue so we can get more money off you, here's a conceeded pass instead".

HSC
    It depends on the course and the University but you are sometimes given a Conceded Pass if you just fail the course, like if you get somewhere between 45-49. They will also take into account how you went in your other assessments.
    I NEVER HAVE TO STUDY EVER AGAIN, BITCHES!

HSC
    ive been hearing reports that doing a senior unit (or extra-credit-point) subject is worth more. just from the gpa equation, this seams to be false? is it indeed a rumour and nothign more?

LLB (Hons)
    HSC
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Time4thePpl
    ive been hearing reports that doing a senior unit (or extra-credit-point) subject is worth more. just from the gpa equation, this seams to be false? is it indeed a rumour and nothign more?
    no idea... you could, however, check with your current faculty or the faculty to which you wish to transfer.

HSC
    concede pass is pretty much the same as fail if its the subject that requires you to pass for the next level

ie unit1011 - PC
    but you need unit1011 P in order to do unit2011
    <-- made by bubz :D, my beautiful sexy faithful wife <3

Cadet
    HSC

Smile

hey!
    I was considering and internal transfer, if anyone could answer my questions that would rule!

Ok i really want to go to UTS, not woolongong. Im looking at doing B business, and i dont think im going to get 94.. im pretty sure ill get over 80 so woolongong is ok, but a friend suggested going to uts and doing a similar lower scaled course such as B management (tourism) then transferring to business and carrying over credits..

It all sounds too good to be true and im guessing it is, from what i gathered in your post you can only now transfer down courses, ie drop an extra part.

But what about changing course completely?
    Will they still look at my UAI? Do i need like distinctions in every subject or something?
    How many subjects will i need to do before i can apply for a transfer?
    Is it possible for me to only choose the 2 subjects I have that are overlapping?
    Will that mean i get credit for those two?
    Some of the lower courses are offered at the Kuringai campus, do you think i could be able to transfer to business at the city campus?

thanks soooo much anyone that knows these answers

HSC
    rajeev. I think someone mentioned that UTS will not have internal transfering as of next year, but I could be getting that confused.
    A transfer criteria varies between unis. Most look at both your UAI and Grade point average (e.g. Distinction average). UTS could well be the latter.
    For a transfer you will likely need 1.0 loads (i.e. a full-time year).

Cadet
    HSC
    hey thanks for the fast reply..

really dammit cant believe they arent doing internal transfers anymore :'( ill give them a call 2morro and ask my questions again.. maybe they have some ideas to other ways..

Otherwise Ill go to woolongong and not be happy cause its so far away and keep applying to transfer.. grr

hope its not really like that... internal transfering made me happy for an hour or so lol

HSC
    I'm not sure if they're not doing internal transfers. I just remember someone mentioning it. I could be mistaken.
    Why not go to UTS and transfer to that degree?

Cadet
    HSC
    thanks for the fast reply again..
    so i called up and he was like yeah no more internal transfers between deparments.. like science to law etc.. they will be counted as external transfers.

but if you are in the same department you can still do internal transfers... so if i did a bachelor of arts (tourism) and get atleast a credit average its just an internal transfer to b business.. so it shouldnt be too hard and my credit points will transfer over..

wooooo

i feel slightly less freakin outish.. but i still need like 85 or something so i cant fully chill lol..

maybe i should look at other unis still.. like sydney etc and see what similar courses they have to B business..

HSC
    Aren't arts and business different departments?
    Sydney has B Commerce, B Economics and Social Sciences, B Commerce (Liberal Studies). Those are the most similar. Commerce is more maths-based though than UTS business.
    You could, for example, do B Arts and Sciences at USYD which allows you to take Business faculty units then transfer to commerce or whatever takes your fancy.

HSC
    who should i email about external transfers to unsw to??
    i cant find anything on their website =(

HSC
    uac does it

I'll stab ya
    HSC
    N/A
    That is, if you are in first year, and are filling out the application during August, you write 1.0 years (two semesters) completed, instead of 0.5 years (one semester).
    Do we still indicate as 1.0 years if we havent done 1 years worth of workload, ie. this year im doing 45 credit points instead of the normal 48 at usyd.

HSC
    that would mean you didnt complete 1.0 workloads acmilan. i think one of the letters we get says how much of a 1.0 wl you completed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information