A TAFE To Uni Question... (1 Viewer)

leathaface

Well, I already know about the possible rocesses of getting into university, but my question now is about my current application.

I am currently doing a Diploma course at TAFE. It goes for one year, but this is divided into two sections. The first half is a Certificate IV course on Advertising, and the second half is the Diploma of Advertising. I will be finishing the Cert IV by the end of the year... and I've applied through UAC just a few weeks ago so i am using the results of my Certificate IV...

In my application, instead of putting down i'm doing a diploma course, I said that I am doing Certificate IV since it was the course that my results will be used to calculate my UaI. Is what I'm doing with my application (putting Cert IV instead of Diploma) alright?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I think you should have put yourself down as completing a Diploma course (since that's what you're enrolled in). It really depends on the exact wording of the question. Best for you to call the UAC office and sort it out with them directly.

leathaface

Hmmm... I'll ask TAFE tomorrow first...

Because you get a lower UAI when you say that you are doing a diploma...

and since the course is split into two... I haven't actually enrolled in the Diploma course yet... I only payed for half the course which is the Cert IV half... but i'll ask first.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah, that changes things. As I understand it the important thing is the course you're currently enrolled in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)