Going from TAFE to Uni (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I got a UAI 74.85 and i might not get into my desired Uni course. However, i have applied for TAFE incase i don't get in.

I have a few questions.

1.) What criteria do you have to meet to transfer from TAFE to Uni?
2.) Is it after 1 year where you can apply for a transfer?
3.) Does it matter if your TAFE course is a Diploma or Certificate IV?

Also, i want to Bachelor of Business @UTS. If i end up doing another course at UTS (whether it is similar or not), what criteria do you have to meet to move to your desired course?

Sorry for the questions, but i need to know.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm yeah i looked into this ... everything natstar said = yeah ...

but suposedly UTS has 'strong' links with tafe and something like ~15% of business students transferred from tafe (not to sure bout that, think i read that somwhere here). But yeah, if u do this ... there is no garuntee u will get in, cus they still take ur UAI into account. It does seem UTS is a good direction to go after tafe, cus im pretty sure UNSW and USyd dont really accept that many ppl through tafe (if any). GL man ;)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
UTS, UMACQ and UWS tend to have or support more TAFE entrants going to their unis then the other two USYD and UNSW.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I advise u should call the uni faculty of ur desired course if they accept tafe applicants.

luckyduck

heys people,

just wondering about the insearch program that is at uts
i want to do business studies ,and i just want to know if anyone who is NOT NOT NOT a international student and is a LOCAL or australian student, has done the insearch (diploma of business studies) was suceessful in transferring to uts?

or if anyone that's know the percentages of people that can make it in to uts?

choc-chip

HSC
Just go to the web site and send an enquiry to the officer.
You are gurranteed a position at UTS if u r successfully meet a cerntain standard at insearch. It sounds like an easier pathway in comparison with TAFE.

choc-chip

HSC
I know....
We are on the same boat mite, deparately for a uni degree aye..
I'm thinking of doing a diploma course at SIBT, it costs $12,000-18,000 which i'm not pretty sure .

choc-chip

HSC
No worries! There's a lot of diploma courses at TAFE in connections with UWS,CSU, USC ...

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
My brother is transferring from tafe to uni. It took him one year and I think he had a credit average so i'm pretty sure he'll get into a uni. (not that i know much about the whole transferring thing)

C

CaR

Will it become more difficult say, if one studied a business course at UWS then transferred to UTS or tafe-->uts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)