ive screwed up so badly!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

dancegal

HSC
omg, omg............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok im having a major crisis.
i got an offer for my 1st preference, bCom at usyd, but now im having second thoughts and wishing id applied for arts in comm(journalism)/b laws at UTS.

what are the chances of me getting a late round offer? my uai is 98.95, but even though im well above it its unlikely that there will be a vacancy right??? would it work if i went in to spk to them?
alternatively, i thought i could try transfering to arts/law at usyd lata. is that really impossible too?

my justification 4 changing is that commerce, esp. at sydney, has really bad job prospects compared to law.
hhhh sum1 plz help me! im such an idiot!!!!!!!!!! wat sort of idiot throws away a decent uai on a bullshit nothing course?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce isn't really a bullshit nothing course, especially at USyd.

But anyway - with your UAI and a distinction average, you could well transfer to arts/law.

However, change your prefs and put it for the late round, even if there are no vacancies, people might not enrol their offers from the main round and vacancies would occur

Jacks

HSC
yeah if some people don't accept their offers into the course then there will be vacancies giving you a chance in the late round. If it will make you feel better you could always go and see the relevant people...you won't be any worse off and the worst thing that can happen is that they don't let you in, give it a go if it puts your mind at ease a little.

I don't think that course is a "bullshit course" or anything like that, but if you are of the same opinion after the first year you can transfer...your UAI is excellent and I don't think you'll have any problems achieving the marks necessary to get in to the course you want. That's always an option for you later on, though if you want to be proactive now go and talk to someone at the uni, may amount to nothing but you never know.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Commerce a bullshit degree?
I remember reading a few months back in the SMH that 87% of accounting majors have a full time job within 3 months of their graduation.
I think commerce would be one of the best courses for employment actually, especially at USyd which is regarded along with UNSW as the best.
You seem quite confused with what you want. At the moment you're doing commerce, but you want to mix law with communications at UTS or with arts at USyd.
I think if you want to do law and are worried about employment, your best bet would be to try and get late round for business/law at UTS.

sarevok

HSC
Erm, yeah, commerce grads from Sydney Uni have an employment rate in the high 90's.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
apple pie is yum

-that is more useless..

damn i just replied to you, so it's not uselss anymore :D

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
commerce doesn't have bad job prospects, it's just that you won't get into that high salary position as quickly as you might think due to all that competition. Having more experience and knowledge in more areas helps more than prestige of the uni itself.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Shuter said:
Or perhaps she opened her legs instead...
you're nice.

commerce is not a bullshit degree, who told you that. it's a wonderful degree and gives you the prospect of transfering to combined law. I don't see your point. but people have already said this, so I'm just wasting my energy typing this up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)