HELP!!! UNSW BA to BEc/BA...NRSL?? (1 Viewer)

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
i've enrolled in UNSW BA but i was pretty close to BEc at UNSW for 05... and i really want to transfer but i've read so many threads talking about NRSL... Where on earth do i find the ranks required?? and does UNSW use WAP/GPA whatever they are?

and i have no idea who to talk to about my transfer since its pretty specific. *utterly confused*

I enrolled microeconomics1 and macroeconomics1 within my BA (thats all that i was allowed)... they will count towards my BEc if my transfer is successful...right??? oh i'm so confused- all the people at enrolment office are so damn unresponsible-they tell me to talk to somebody at FCE, then FCE tells me to talk to admins, then admins says talk to the Dean, but s/he's a bit busy and will call me back (in 3 yrs time when i've completed BA!!)... and i eventually end up here starting this thread!

guys, who's the best person to talk to about this? Anyone..?? help!

santaslayer

HSC
daiana said:
i've enrolled in UNSW BA but i was pretty close to BEc at UNSW for 05... and i really want to transfer but i've read so many threads talking about NRSL... Where on earth do i find the ranks required?? and does UNSW use WAP/GPA whatever they are?

and i have no idea who to talk to about my transfer since its pretty specific. *utterly confused*

I enrolled microeconomics1 and macroeconomics1 within my BA (thats all that i was allowed)... they will count towards my BEc if my transfer is successful...right??? oh i'm so confused- all the people at enrolment office are so damn unresponsible-they tell me to talk to somebody at FCE, then FCE tells me to talk to admins, then admins says talk to the Dean, but s/he's a bit busy and will call me back (in 3 yrs time when i've completed BA!!)... and i eventually end up here starting this thread!

guys, who's the best person to talk to about this? Anyone..?? help!
NRSL's are only available by asking the particular faculty. Even then, some unis/faculties will avoid telling you the exact requirement.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes UNSW specifically avoids giving out NRSL cutoffs. If there's anyone to ask, ask for Dr. David Morgan, he's the undergrad coordinator, he's pretty friendly too (I've had meetings with him)

Do the BA and achieve a distinction average in 1st year and transfer to the BEc or BCom. You're ECON subjects will be given credit to your new degree.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
oh ok.. thanx guys for the helpful reply! =)

i did speak to a person from FCE and he said i only needed credit average to transfer if i was just a lil bit below the cutoff required.

also, i was wondering if i'm a NON RECENT SCHOOL LEAVER. i am the class of 04 afterall!

so i transfer INTERNALLY through UNSW administration... not EXTERNALLY by UAC?

i truly need some confirmation.

oh yea Minai, how can i contact Dr David Morgan? What faculty would he be from? Do u have his contact number at all? Thanks. I'm going to Advising day on monday, so maybe i can find him?????????

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
daiana said:
oh ok.. thanx guys for the helpful reply! =)

i did speak to a person from FCE and he said i only needed credit average to transfer if i was just a lil bit below the cutoff required.

also, i was wondering if i'm a NON RECENT SCHOOL LEAVER. i am the class of 04 afterall!

so i transfer INTERNALLY through UNSW administration... not EXTERNALLY by UAC?

i truly need some confirmation.

oh yea Minai, how can i contact Dr David Morgan? What faculty would he be from? Do u have his contact number at all? Thanks. I'm going to Advising day on monday, so maybe i can find him?????????
You'll be a non-recent school leaver next year.

And you cant transfer internally to BEc/BA

Dr David Morgan is the Associate Dean (Undergraduate) for the Faculty of Commerce & Economics. He'll definately be there at advising day. Look for a guy that looks like Count Dooku from Star Wars Episode II.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
i'm more confused than ever after ringing up uac
they say i'm not nrsl
and i purchase a uac guide

but one thing for sure: distinction average .. oh so hard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)