After first semester (1 Viewer)

mija

HSC
Everyone is telling me about how you can transfer after the 1st semester but they don't the full details.
Does anyone know a site I can visit to read about it?

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I finished my HSC in 2004 and am currently doing B Business (Accounting) @ UWS. I hope to transfer to B Business @ UTS.

Can i transfer after the first semester even though i haven't completed one year full time?

kow_dude

HSC
I'm going to transfer from engineering/commerce to just commerce in the second semester if i dont like engineering.

Rayanaldo said:
I finished my HSC in 2004 and am currently doing B Business (Accounting) @ UWS. I hope to transfer to B Business @ UTS.

Can i transfer after the first semester even though i haven't completed one year full time?
No i dont think so.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Rayanaldo said:

It depends if UTS has mid-year intake, which I suspect they do not.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
i want to transfer from acu north sydney which i'm doing business/info to mac, unsyd,unsw and do economics there.. is it possible

or to uts and do b business/b computers or just commerce

is it possible

where the fuck do i find this info :mad:

Scanorama

HSC
Im currently doing B Computer Science at Wollongong, but I want to transfer to B Teaching/B Education (Primary), also at Wollongong. The UAI I got was 70.75 (plus 3 bonus point: 73.75 coz my school was located in the Sutherland Shire) and the UAI required for the course is 78.

How likely I can get the transfer?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
im in a similiar position to gough whitlam - im doing bachelor of biomedical science at newcastle uni and want to transfer to combined arts/law or science/law (whichever will take me!). does anybody know whether this would be an internal or external transfer? i got a UAI of 98.35 which is way above the cut-off for both these courses, so hopefully it should be alright. ive read most of the threads in this forum already, but im still a little hazy. who exactly are we supposed to contact to apply for transfers? is it UAC or the university?

rockets

HSC
N/A
so what happens in this scenario---
i want to transfer from uws engineering to uts engineering. I did not get the uai for uts- thats why i'm doing it at uws.
What are they looking at to get me into uts - grades in autumn semester subjects like passing or credits or do they want more. What else?????
Also what are chances of going to uts????

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Gough: I suspect you won't get the "bonus" again, but I don't know. Either way, you'll need to get some sort of distinction or better average to assure yourself a place. However, demand and supply is funny with NRSL's, so you never know. Just try to get good grades this year.

silvermoon: for internal transfers, contact the Faculty of Law and ask their admissions department what the requirements are for entry into that course. If they offer internal transfers, then you're set. But if they say external, then you'll have to apply to UAC later this year, and if you maintain credit to distinction average, it should be no problem with your UAI

rockets: As far as I know, with UTS transfers, they take into account grades AND a personal statement. So basically you'll need to have good grades, high credits to distinctions and write a good statement to assure yourself a transfer.

edwinchui

HSC
where do i go if i want to transfer from computer science at USYD to commerce or economic at usyd

thanxs

klh

HSC
to know how to enter/transfer to other unis, check their criteria. its in the uac guide and on the insittutions wwebsite but the uac guide is moreeasier to find that info. in the uac guide, look at which uni you want to enter and in the first couple of pages, find the heading "Australian Tertiary Studies" which should offer some info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)