Questions! The Usual... (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
I do B.Arts Psychology at UMAQ and want to transfer to ANYTHING at UNSW!
Here's some questions..Help please =)

Edit: Mmkai nvm XD i went and did some research that answered a lot of the questions but some i still couldnt find =(

1. Im now thinking of doing a mid semester transfer into b commerce at UNSW..they ONLY look at your uai right? so no matter how badly i do right not at umaq wont matter right? XD so..i also heard that the cutoff for subjects usually drop..so assuming commerce was 95 last year..and my 91 uai..is it impossible?? or do i have a fair shot at it?? i.e is it a popular mid year transfer subject? coz i heard the more people apply for it the higher it goes @_@ and one last thing..i still wanna know if access adds onto the uai when they consider your application for mid year transfer o.o coz then 90+5! would make me feel a lot more confident about my chances of transferring into b comm X_X

random questions =(

P.S oh yeah this isnt ryan o_O im just using his account coz i cbf to make one for questions o.o!

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately there is no mid-year entry into Commerce @ UNSW.
You'll have to transfer via UAC for entry in 2006.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
I do B.Arts Psychology at UMAQ and want to transfer to ANYTHING at UNSW!
Here's some questions..Help please =)

Edit: Mmkai nvm XD i went and did some research that answered a lot of the questions but some i still couldnt find =(

1. Im now thinking of doing a mid semester transfer into b commerce at UNSW..they ONLY look at your uai right? so no matter how badly i do right not at umaq wont matter right? XD so..i also heard that the cutoff for subjects usually drop..so assuming commerce was 95 last year..and my 91 uai..is it impossible?? or do i have a fair shot at it?? i.e is it a popular mid year transfer subject? coz i heard the more people apply for it the higher it goes @_@ and one last thing..i still wanna know if access adds onto the uai when they consider your application for mid year transfer o.o coz then 90+5! would make me feel a lot more confident about my chances of transferring into b comm X_X

random questions =(

P.S oh yeah this isnt ryan o_O im just using his account coz i cbf to make one for questions o.o!
you mite have a chance, i think Grizzly have a fair same situation to you, also from mac but got credit aver and transfered successfully last semester.

edwinchui

HSC
wait
what is wrong with Arts Psychology at UMAQ
because that is one of my preferences for mid year transfer

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
theone123 said:
i can correct you on that minai :), unsw recently decided to have b comm available for mid year transfers.

http://www4.uac.edu.au/wap/mya5.asp...y=University+of+New+South+Wales&mode=F&hecs=H
Well there you go, thanks for pointing that out :)
I think that's the first time in forever that Commerce is being offered mid year.

Anyway in regards to the transfer, yes they'll only assess you on UAI because you haven't completed one year full time study. Because I know of no-one transferring into Commerce mid-year (since UNSW hasn't offered it before), we don't know how popular and how the supply/demand is like. It's a long shot, but even if you don't get it mid-year, try again for entry in 2006 and go for a Distinction average or better to be guaranteed a place.

Last edited:

epsilon

HSC
Hey, its my first finding out about this mid-sem transfer thing as well! So is it for real? I am planning to try for it as well then.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Can a distinction average really guarantee you a transfer into anything?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Eagles said:
Can a distinction average really guarantee you a transfer into anything?
Depending on your UAI, generally yes.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
NOOOOOOOO!! dont go for it!! *lowers demand* XD

and and and.....theres nothing really wrong with psyc at umaq..its more like my self interest...im finding myself not THAT absorbed in the subject o.o thats all..i jus wanna try different things ^^

epsilon

HSC
Ummnn, but if the mid-year transfer only looks at your UAI, then that's pretty pointless for me (and for you too, ryan), since our UAI are lower than the cut-off. That means that we would have to wait for next year.

epsilon

HSC
Icic, damn, I still won't make it then. Oh well, there's always next year! Ands btw, no offence, but I feel that the access thingy is just unfair for other students. We all have problems too, but we don't go asking for more UAI. ESPECIALLY when it's so coincidental that their problem had to happen doing their HSC year....

Last edited:

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Access is suppose to even the playing field for students..

If they are fake, they'll just fall behind in uni anyway. Regardless, just own them all.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yeah some people come up with really bs access reasons..but i think mines pretty legit XD anyways..i heard that the cutoff for transfers usually get a lot lower than normal cutoff...apparently law went from 99.15 to 94.15 or something last year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)