Law Transfer Prospects? (1 Viewer)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Hey - I'm studying a Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at Sydney and I want to transfer to Law at sydney.

My UAI was 99.35
Currently I'm studying Political Economy (Distinction average), Australian Politics (HD Average), Principles of Media Writing (Distinction average), and University English (Distinction average).

What are my chances if I can keep this up?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
I-Jester said:
My UAI was 99.35
Currently I'm studying Political Economy (Distinction average), Australian Politics (HD Average), Principles of Media Writing (Distinction average), and University English (Distinction average).

What are my chances if I can keep this up?
very very good :)

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
pfffft

he just made this thread to show of his uai and marks.

LOSER

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
damn I-jester, those are some awesome marks!

Considering you have a HD average in Australian Politics..would you say it's an easy course? Easier than geopolitics (if you know what that's like)?
I'll be doing it next semester, and similarly to yourself, i need to do well.

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Thanks guys - except OoO who can get fucked. I've had people tell me that I need an HD average to get into Law and SHOCK HORROR - I wanted to see what other people thought. Next time you wanna be an asshole try flaming some libs in the politics thread, then you might actually be doing the world some good.

Ptista - I find Aussie politics really easy but that's cause I've already dealt with a lot of the subject matter in reality. I've worked for a politician and on election campaigns etc. If you've done geopolitics and the subject matter of aussie interests you, i'd say you'll do well. I trust you're looking for a law transfer too? Did you go to Blue Mountains Grammar by any chance?

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
I-Jester- danke :)
yes i am trying to get into law.
and i did go to bmgs. i think i know you 'through association' (if that makes sense), hahah.

Last edited:

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
check your pm :)

I should have done meco... if i don't get into law, i'll try to get into meco instead.

S

Shuter

3D's and a HD are very very good? I would of though you'd want to get into the highest band which is GPA 6.5+ (2HD, 2D).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
3D's and a HD are very very good? I would of though you'd want to get into the highest band which is GPA 6.5+ (2HD, 2D).
in the context of a UAI 99.35, yes it is v.v. good

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Shuter said:
Actually goes back to why I started this thread - I wanted to know the prospects if I wasn't in that highest GPA band. But I guess it is 50% UAI/50% UAI...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
jester, ask the student centre at carlslaw. they give out all the info, what band cutoff you need and stuff like that.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah i was surprised. they had to call someone from out back.
he asked what my situation was, what degree i wanted to get into, how many years ive completed. Then he said what the cutoff was.
He said that with my uai I'd be able to get into B Commerce (liberal studies) (97.6UAI cutoff) with a bit less than a D average. I only got a 92.75 UAI so I'm thrilled.
Still, to be safe I'm aiming for a bit higher than D.

I'm bad at trying to remember people's faces from drunken nights..are you the one with the white laptop in ecop?

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
yeah i was surprised. they had to call someone from out back.
he asked what my situation was, what degree i wanted to get into, how many years ive completed. Then he said what the cutoff was.
He said that with my uai I'd be able to get into B Commerce (liberal studies) (97.6UAI cutoff) with a bit less than a D average. I only got a 92.75 UAI so I'm thrilled.
Still, to be safe I'm aiming for a bit higher than D.

I'm bad at trying to remember people's faces from drunken nights..are you the one with the white laptop in ecop?
Cheers - Good luck!

I have a white and chrome laptop so yeah - that's probably me :D

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Bump.

I've got a this-related question.

Can you do Commerce/Arts and, provided you meet the requirement, drop either Comm or Arts to pick up Law?

Tanx.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Meldrum said:
Bump.

I've got a this-related question.

Can you do Commerce/Arts and, provided you meet the requirement, drop either Comm or Arts to pick up Law?

Tanx.
No, you can't "pick up Law", you have to apply via UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)