newcastle uni to UWS (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm currently doing B Commerce at Newcastle Uni and want to transfer into ANY uni in sydney because i can't afford to live out of home after this year.

right now, i'm not doing very well in uni and for this semester i'm only looking at getting 2 passes and 1 credit.

i'm doing 5 subjects next semester and looking at getting at least 3 distinctions and 2 credits.

would it be possible to transfer into UWS or ACU with a credit average, considering my UAI was 80.25?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
should be very possible
remember, NRSL cutoffs (which are mostly unknown) tend to have quite different demand/supply patterns, and hence you never know your chances until the offers come out

HSC
hrmm... what if i happened to fail a subject? will they still accept me?

i've heard so many rumours about failing a subject then the prospects of transfer is literally, impossible.

klh

HSC
fails will affect your gpa but they will not deny an applicant if they fail a unit, unless there is a history/record of failures. fails affect gpas really bad, makes your makrs lower (since its an average).

klh

HSC
also ive come to find out that Fail=0 and so do not affect your gpa, apologies.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
klh said:
also ive come to find out that Fail=0 and so do not affect your gpa, apologies.
wat do u mean? fail = 0 has to affect ur gpa if its 0. becuz u devide is by the # of subj u done including the failed one.

klh

HSC
errr. Didnt you read Jonathans post somewhere...?
fail = 0 and since you "add" 0 to your other grades before averaging, 0 means nothing.
initially i thought the same natstar, fail =2.
Damn again! Thanks Theone123 for correcting me, apologise for any unintentioanl errors..:S
i think the exams are getting to me lol.

But seriously, yes i forgot about the number of units which you divide with....im so muddled up. sorry!

According to the UWS policy: located on the net how to calculate a GPA
Fail (F), Fail-discontinued (E), Unsatisfactory (U), and Absent Fail (AF) all equal 0.

Last edited:

NonExistant

Don't read this sentance.
HSC
klh said:
errr. Didnt you read Jonathans post somewhere...?
fail = 0 and since you "add" 0 to your other grades before averaging, 0 means nothing.
initially i thought the same natstar, fail =2.
Damn again! Thanks Theone123 for correcting me, apologise for any unintentioanl errors..:S
i think the exams are getting to me lol.

But seriously, yes i forgot about the number of units which you divide with....im so muddled up. sorry!

According to the UWS policy: located on the net how to calculate a GPA
Fail (F), Fail-discontinued (E), Unsatisfactory (U), and Absent Fail (AF) all equal 0.
I see you failed both uni AND maths.

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
he's prolly got much better grades than you actually....
Anyone who lists "intelligent" in their BOS profile, most likely isn't. Likewise, most people who go to UWS are not as intelligent as other unis. Finally, I'm sure I have better grades than both you and klh.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
I'm currently doing B Commerce at Newcastle Uni and want to transfer into ANY uni in sydney because i can't afford to live out of home after this year.

right now, i'm not doing very well in uni and for this semester i'm only looking at getting 2 passes and 1 credit.

i'm doing 5 subjects next semester and looking at getting at least 3 distinctions and 2 credits.

would it be possible to transfer into UWS or ACU with a credit average, considering my UAI was 80.25?
wow r u in emily's class?

klh

HSC
why thank you natstar....(i'd rep but again the damn system says i need to "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to natstar again." grrrr

yes, i put intelligent but that was a long while before i really understood uni and have not bothered to change it, i mean who reads that crap right? (well you did, im sorry if you read crap)

maths was never my strongest subject ill admit that..but hey i corrected myself, no need to be so brash and i apologised for my error, what more can i do?

FYI im doing well at uni thank you very much, im not perfect but :p to you.

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
Hospitality/Tourim- Essay-22/30 Assignment-28/30- 50/60
Marketing Communications-MS Exam- 15/20 Assignment 32/40
Advertising- Assignment 37/50
I'm sorry, rolling in HD's? I only see one there, that's not particually rolling in them. Here's how rolling should look:

Prog 29.5/30 HD, 28/30 HD
ISP 15.5/20 D, 22.2/25 HD
Eco 32/35 HD, 13/20 C

So I would recommend you keep your mouth shut next time you try to make unfounded and unresearched claims about what my marks are.

Last edited:

davo_

good kid
HSC
I really have nothing to do with this thread and have little idea why I'm looking at it. But to be frank NonExistant: marks don't mean a great deal when you're an arrogant fuckwit as you seem to be.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
NonExistant, whatever ur trying to prove with your good marks is flying right out the window, if you're so smart as you say you are, try be a little bit more mature.

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
haha did i say i was rolling in HD', nor did I say my marks were better than ur's? No, im not as arrogant as you.
You implied it. Let me also point out that you said klh probably has better marks than me, yet he was failing stuff clearly implying my marks were shit. Don't make up claims when you know nothing and then pretend you never made those claims. You are shit at life.

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
Ur a fucken hypocrit. Ur so immature going around saying stuff about people that you dont even know, so dont talk to me about making claims. I didnt imply anything about my marks being better than ur's, cuz im not that stuck up and arrogant and bitter. At least im not bitter soul, at war with everything and everyone like you seem to be.
natstar said:
He should be getting good marks anyway, to make up for ur crappy UAI
So you take a stab at me, then make a speil about how I shouldn't make personal attacks on people, and then call ME the hypocrit....

Good work, I see how you earned your 70 something UAI. If mine was crappy at 86.90, what does that make yours? Utter shit, like you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)