BSci transfer question (1 Viewer)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
Hey there, im still in year 12, but definitely want to go into maybe pharmacology or medical science, or a few other sciences but im not exactly sure which one, and im wondering if its worth my while doing a 1st year BSci [at Sydney uni] then perhaps transferring to another course once i figure out what to do cause Bsci is too broad in my opinion.

So is this possible to transfer from Bsci to like BMedSci for example? Or what about something like psychology? Im interesting in quite a few of these type courses but im not sure, so im just wondering about the transfer program and if in fact its possible?

thanks =)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes. if you do well you could transfer to almost anything.
This is indeed a good idea if you dont know what youre going to do in life. You would do units that are required for, say, pharmacy, medical science and psych and then decide which ones you like more.
B Psychology is very tough as a degree though, I must warn you. You have to maintain a Distinction average after second year. If you fail that, you don't get accreditation and only attain a B Science degree

theone123

blue essence
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
yes. if you do well you could transfer to almost anything.
This is indeed a good idea if you dont know what youre going to do in life. You would do units that are required for, say, pharmacy, medical science and psych and then decide which ones you like more.
B Psychology is very tough as a degree though, I must warn you. You have to maintain a Distinction average after second year. If you fail that, you don't get accreditation and only attain a B Science degree
i heard about the psychology d average thing, but is that wam? or gpa? cua gpa would a harder task to maintain... aye btw the you know the reason why they do that for?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
theone123 said:
i heard about the psychology d average thing, but is that wam? or gpa? cua gpa would a harder task to maintain... aye btw the you know the reason why they do that for?
It's gpa i think. Which is offcourse bloody hard! For the guy not in uni, what this means is, say you get 7 Distinctions and 1 Credit: they won't let you pass; you need 8 Distinctions or 6 D's, 1 HD, 1 C.
The reason they're doing that, I assume, is because there are strict guidelines for accreditation. Also, it's probably a low-recruiting job and they want to make sure there's only the best candidates.
Aside from that, because they're Nazi assholes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)