Tafe To Uni Transfer (1 Viewer)

2gig

HSC
Hey,
I am currentlly a yr 12 student doing d hsc n i will predict that my uai would b in the 50's. I want to know which tafe course to do and where to do it at? and that the tafe course can allow me to transfer to any uni preferbally UTS or UWS. I want to be in the information technology industry.

thank you in helping me ^^

klh

HSC
ask about degreelink course at tafe, those have links with uws. however, Tafe diploma courses will be recognised at the unis you have mentioned, UWS and UTS.

2gig

HSC
how long does a TAFE course go for? and if i completed a TAFE Diploma for IT n transfer to uni do i start at yr 1 of Uni or do i jump to yr 2?

Thank u

2gig

HSC
natstar ty for asking question really appreicate it ^^ i just so screw ATM in yr 12

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
diploma of IT is 1.5-2 years, and you wont have to do any first year IT subjects at uni, but you will have to do all the non-it first year subjects that you need for the degree (like maths etc).

some uni's have special programs where you'll get even more time off, for example UNE gives 1.5 years off its compsci degree if youve done a programming related diploma of IT.

2gig

HSC
ohh so in another word i go to 2nd yr of IT but i have to do catch on first yr for d subject dat i havn't completed for IT dat was not given to me in TAFE?

2gig

HSC
Smurfwow what course in IT in order for me to get into UNI, n Dat will save me the most time?
Thanz helping me alot ^^

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
you should consider this and then this. or the equivalent at a closer tafe if the city is too far to travel.

you should also be aware that some IT degrees at UWS have uai cutoff's in the 50's.

2gig

HSC
thanz alot if further question need to b ask i will ask him, thank for d advice and answer appreicate it

Is just i preparing for d worest if i don't make into uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)