a little help? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm worried as anything about applying for transfer. I've calculated my achievable GPA but i'm not too sure it's good enough. I've heard so many rumours that, most of the time, NRSL cut-off's being lower than the UAI cut-offs and i've heard NRSL is higher than UAI cut-offs as well, so really i dont know what to expect.

so just for some sort of peace of mind...

I'm applying for B Business B Computing at UTS, where the 2005 UAI cut-off was 84.00, i attained a UAI of 80.25 (not that matters because i read in Raynaldo's thread that they don't take into account UAI after a year's study) and my uni marks last semester were pretty shit. a fail, a pass, and a D. this semester, things are looking good and i'm hoping for an HD, 2D's, and a credit. meaning my GPA will be 4.86.
good enough? or not?

(also, with UTS personal statements, can i include personal reasons? such as money troubles, etc)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Generally the NRSL cut-offs are lower. Assuming that you did get a GPA of 4.86, and given that your UAI was 80.25, then your NRSL rank would be 84.12 - cutting it quite close to the normal cut-off.

HDs are generally hard to come by, but considering that the NRSL cut-off may be a bit lower than the normal cut-off, I'd say that you have a good chance of transferring provided that you continue to work hard for the rest of the semester.

Also, I'm not so sure that UTS won't take into account your UAI. This document doesn't seem to suggest that - you'd best give them a call and clarify anything else you want to know.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yay my favourite emo-chick is coming to sydney from oh so far away :)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I called UTS to clarify whether its only uni results they take into account for the course i hope to transfer to.

They said its only uni results if you've completed one year full time study.

Give the uni a call to make sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)