Firm offers mailroom "work experience" (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
From RollonFridayhttp://www.rollonfriday.com/story827.htm#:
Edinburgh firm Bell & Scott has advertised work experience placements for law students. In its post room. Unpaid.
Work Experience Placements (Unpaid) Summer 2006

We are offering 2 periods of unpaid work experience of approx 2-3 weeks to 2 law students this summer. The work experience will be based almost exclusively in the mailroom, although students may be required to assist in other areas as and where required, however this will not be guaranteed. This is great opportunity to gain some hands on work experience in a Commercial Law firm. Students will ideally be in the 3rd or 4th year of their Scots Law degree and have an interest in Commercial Property Law.

To apply for work experience please email a covering letter including dates available and CV.
sooo... who's desperate for this gem summer 'clerkship'? ;)

Send your application to: Corinne Morrison, HR Executive, c.morrison@bellscott.co.uk

turtleface

HSC
hahahahahaha such exploitation, in fairness maybe they just want to find out who is committed enough to the career to want to do that

I have to admit though, before I got my job I would have been desperate enough to have done that. come to think of it, I had to deliver and collect stuff from the mailroom anyway during my internship

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
yes... with the lack of competition, i think whoever applies will definitely get this job!

so write to them, tell them how much of a 'great opportunity' it is and how you're dying to learn the ancient long-lost art of 'sorting mail'.

remember, the late Charlie Bellhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Bell, former CEO of McDonalds, worked his way from store level...

maybe this mailroom opportunity will lead to the position of managing partner in 10, 20, 50 years... or not.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
The one person who genuinely applies for this clerkship will be suprised to find that their clerkship is directly under one of the firm's senior partners, and involves intensive hands-on experience for a salary of AU$120,000.

It's how I'd advertise clerkships, anyway.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
The one person who genuinely applies for this clerkship will be suprised to find that their clerkship is directly under one of the firm's senior partners, and involves intensive hands-on experience for a salary of AU$120,000.
i very much doubt, dear, that the firm's seniorist partners would earn $120K AUD in two to three weeks.. let alone a summer 'clerk' :p

even if they bill that much ;)

i just realise how much they write up this advertisement with marketingspeak...

"almost exclusively in the mailroom... great opportunity to gain some hands on work experience in a Commercial Law firm"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)