USyd JD vs UoM JD (1 Viewer)

Hancock

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm currently finishing up a BSc (Mechanical Systems) at UoM and I'm having a look at my options next year. I've narrowed it down to:

M.Eng (Mechanical) (UoM)
JD (UoM)
JD (USyd)

I've got M.Eng in the bag since it's just a 65% average cut-off, and my GPA is high enough to not worry about academic requirements for law at either university. That being said, if I were to do law, I'd much prefer to go to UoM for convenience and I'll do the LSAT if that's the case.

Does anyone know how USyd compares against UoM in terms of focus and whatnot (i.e. commercial focus / human rights focus)?

totallt

HSC
I wouldn't choose Usyd for the JD program if I had my time over. I am currently in second year, and its got to be the worst learning environment that I could ever imagine. Definately stick with UMelb if you decide to go law.
The learning environment is void of ability to learn, the academics and support staff are not interested in any of the students and its generally a miserable and deplorable experience.

looking

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't choose Usyd for the JD program if I had my time over. I am currently in second year, and its got to be the worst learning environment that I could ever imagine. Definately stick with UMelb if you decide to go law.
The learning environment is void of ability to learn, the academics and support staff are not interested in any of the students and its generally a miserable and deplorable experience.
Is USyd that bad?! Is it attributed solely to teaching staff's attitude towards students or inclusive of other factors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)