law student blogs?? (1 Viewer)

treescape

HSC
Does anyone know of any good aussie law student blogs? I'm looking for general tips for uni, studying, finding jobs etc. There are plenty of legal blogs out there but not too many that focus on law students.

I've got youveenteredlawland.com, but it's relatively new and not enough content up yet. Something similar, but with more posts would be great. Not really looking for lighter stuff like survivelaw.com, but happy for any suggestions. There are heaps of american law student blogs, but the legal market over there seems pretty different.

I know there is plenty of stuff out there on uni and jobs which is pitched at a broader Australian audience, but I'm also just looking for some ways to kill some time these hols before everything starts (and also need something to focus on so I don't freak out about the terrible graduate market). Ideas?

treescape

HSC
Thanks for that wannaspoon. I haven't spent too much time reading Lawyer's Weekly, a lot of articles seem to be advertising for consultants and other professional services (and all the articles on law students and graduates just talk about the graduate oversupply).

I should probably check it every now and again, especially if people in the industry read it. Similar to australasian lawyer.

Cheers!

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for that wannaspoon. I haven't spent too much time reading Lawyer's Weekly, a lot of articles seem to be advertising for consultants and other professional services (and all the articles on law students and graduates just talk about the graduate oversupply).

I should probably check it every now and again, especially if people in the industry read it. Similar to australasian lawyer.

Cheers!
To be quite honest, I don't read any of it... Another thing, probably keep an eye out on the NSW Law Society (and even consider getting a student membership)... It's not necessary, I never got a Law Institute of Victoria membership while I was studying, even though it was free, but still, they offer good seminars which I have heard nothing bad about and discounts to their bookshop... They also do a newspaper sort of thing as well (Well, the LIV anyway, don't know about the NSW Law Society)...

I would sort of have a flick through things like Lawyers Weekly and the LIV stuff (or any law blog, for that matter), if I was really, really, really bored and had nothing to do... Otherwise, never really read it...

I honestly find Lawyers Weekly to be the "which person with the most punchable face is moving to which firm with a pole stuck up its arse?" magazine... Good for job research, not really necessary or fun to read though...

Last edited:

treescape

HSC
Thanks, yeah, it was really just to have a read during holidays. The You've Entered blog actually has a blog list - totally missed that somehow.

Good point re the free student membership, I'll look into that!

If anyone else has any comments I'd be happy to hear them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)