Could I get into Law (1 Viewer)

Dev0802

HSC
Could I get into Law?
Hi,
I'm interested in doing law at uni, but the atar is pretty high so I'm in year 11 now, I have pretty low scalling subjects coz seniors told me pick easy so u get good atar as i heard people who done general maths r doing stuff like commerce at unsw and here are my subjects:
-Legal Studies coming 1st/40
-Business Studies coming 4th/68
-Maths coming 90/130
-Physics 22/64 I'm gonna drop coz I hate it
-Standard 14/180
-Business Services Vet only picked coz it's easy and coming 1st
I'm considering dropping down to general maths coz I'm not doing well in 2u only getting like 55% when I think I can get above 90 in general from lookING at HSC papers+ I go tutoring and I don't wanna waste my parents money and i was wondering is it possible to get 95 or 97 atar so I could get into law at uws or uts or maquarie, ive also tried atar calculators and it says its possible but idk if should trust it and if so what should I be aiming for in each subject and if not possible plz let me know. Don't be harsh.

ThanKS in advance

westernsydneyu

HSC
Hi Dev0802,

If you are looking to get into Law with us at Western Sydney there are a couple of pathways you might like to consider if you do not get the ATAR of 95. These include:

- Most of the Law courses at Western Sydney University are combined Law courses, and the non-Law component generally has a lower ATAR cut-off. Depending on your ATAR, you might like to apply for the non-Law component; for example, the Bachelor of Business and Commerce, or the Bachelor of Arts. Once you complete six months to one year of study, you can then re-apply (through a Western Sydney University Internal Course Transfer if you meet the eligibility requirements and the course is available, or re-apply through UAC) and use your university study as one of your assessable qualifications. If your university results are competitive, you might increase your chances of gaining admission. If you gain admission, you can then apply for Advanced Standing for any subjects you’ve already completed, which will reduce the length of your course. For more information, please visit: Internal Course Transfers.

- If you complete one year full-time or equivalent of university study, a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma, or a University Diploma, you’ll be eligible to apply for our Bachelor of Laws (Non-Graduate Entry). This is a four-year full-time or equivalent course. Please note: admission is competitive. For more information on this course, please see the Handbook Entry.

Best of luck in your HSC!

Cheers, Western.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)