uts transfer to usyd law? (1 Viewer)

Yeungster

HSC
Hello, i was wondering if they are advantages to transferring from UTS law to usyd. I've heard stories from both sides where people have transferred out of usyd to uts and loving it and vice versa. Both uni's are fine for me distance wise, just want to hear some thoughts as to whether it'd be a good move. xD

clementinez

HSC
N/A
USYD has a better reputation both locally and internationally. That seems to be the main reason people want to go there. As far as the structure goes it's almost identical but I'm pretty sure USYD places more weight on exams (which are mostly closed book in the first 3 years of the combined course).
If you do well at UTS there is nothing stopping you from having a great career in law. I have a friend that graduated from UNE and works at a top tier firm. I'd say transfer if you think you'll regret not doing so and maybe consider whether or not the degree you're combining it with is better at USYD or UTS.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
uts isn't that bad with its connections and so forth when compared with other universities that offer law. I would recommend transferring if you really feel that it can enhance your future employment prospects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)