Doing law if you're not sure about it? (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
I can get into USYD law. If I'm not sure about doing law would it be a bad option to choose it?
I didn't do legal studies. The most I know about law is watching 6 seasons of suits. I don't really know what I want to do after university. If I do law I'd probably combine it with either commerce or science(Adv math).

If I don't do law I'd probably do science(Adv math)/arts with an eco major at USYD or Commerce/Adv math at UNSW

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah try it out, it is the only way to see whether you will like it.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Law is expensive. At the very least you're wasting $ on uni fees and opportunity cost from when you could have been working rather than studying. Do what you think you'll enjoy, don't worry about 'wasting' your UAI.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst Comm/Law is a great path, doing law but getting sub par marks won't impress anyone. At the end of the day, do you have any interest in the field? Whether you did it for HSC is not necessarily the criteria - but the amount of effort it'll take to even pass your law subjects will be considerably harder than say Commerce subjects (subjective but anecdotally this seems to be true). And if you're thinking you can walk on into a graduate role or internship in law as a backup, I believe that unless you're doing pretty well in law subjects and participating in numerous extra curricular law activities (e.g. trial advocacy, competitions, etc) then you have slim to no chance of getting a decent clerkship.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't bother with law...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)