UMAT course - AMEPP - Reliable? (1 Viewer)

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
AMEPP - Not so bad after all?

I sent my application and cheque to AMEPP on Jan 15th 2008 (school hols) and so far, I haven't receive anything!!!!!!!

Anyone out there who has taken the AMEPP course - how long did it take to get your course books?

Because I have waited for over two weeks now and they haven't sent me any materials, not even a confirmation tax invoice or mail etc.

So please, can someone tell me why?! (especially those who has taken AMEPP for UMAT Prep)

Edit: yep, it's me aznassassin, the guy who complained about amepp's slow delivery rate.

I've got the books from da guys from AMEPP. They're alright. so stop gossiping about how shit they r.

THEY ARE NOT!

They sent me a bonus 2007 copy of their course as well as this year's.

BUT I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIS YEAR'S PACK.
They're coming....

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Ring them up?

I got mine in 3 days via express post after i paid prob also because i spoke to the guy over the phone. Also their prob on hols since it's like a 2 man operations and coz Amepp is crap.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Amepp question are of better quality, and relevancy when comparing to other company offerings.
Allow extra time for delivery seeing as you sent them a cheque.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Bacilli said:
Amepp question are of better quality, and relevancy when comparing to other company offerings.
Allow extra time for delivery seeing as you sent them a cheque.
Section 2 isn't that good, it's pretty general and yeh he's been waitin for a while. It should only take up to 2 busines days to clear a cheque unless it bounced, etc.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
Thank God!

My parents checked the bank account and it said that someone had processed teh cheque on January 29th 2008. Hopefully the books will arrive in the next fews or so. I HOPE.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
AznAssassin said:
Thank God!

My parents checked the bank account and it said that someone had processed teh cheque on January 29th 2008. Hopefully the books will arrive in the next fews or so. I HOPE.
Yeh it should, it will prob arive at your postage box or home/delivery address by an Australia post courier in a few business days.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
Wooz said:
Yeh it should, it will prob arive at your postage box or home/delivery address by an Australia post courier in a few business days.
i've received it! But when i look through the books, BOOK 3 WAS WEIRD. I AM CURRENTLY TAKING THE ICARUS COURSE. QUESTIONS IN THE BOOKS R DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES FROM ICARUS (DALLAS)!!! WHY?!

Preity

HSC
AznAssassin said:
i've received it! But when i look through the books, BOOK 3 WAS WEIRD. I AM CURRENTLY TAKING THE ICARUS COURSE. QUESTIONS IN THE BOOKS R DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES FROM ICARUS (DALLAS)!!! WHY?!
Hey AznAssassin

in what way are the questions from icarus different to those from Amepp? Like is Icarus' questions more similar to umat? Or is it the other way round?

JoshCalla

HSC
Crap that you chose AMEPP for your umat training *sorry*. A friend of mine gave them a go and it took yonks for her to receive her materials. She ended up switching to Icarus College instead and has had no trouble so far. She said that Icarus' questions are more detailed and are quite similar to those on the umat. I'm going to give Icarus College a shot. Judging from her advice, I think I will get a better deal.

msomana

HSC

why would you apologise for someone else choosing a different prep course to you?

"Had no trouble so far?" As in, she's in medicine or dentistry or physio or pharmacy etc...?

icarus Champions Training course: $495

Mensa IQ book: $20 max, $5 if you find a good place
Speed reading book: $20 max, $5 if you find a good place
Having a social life: depends on what you do. $0 and upwards.

Suggested reading - Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman: $35

Getting your desired career: priceless.

There are some things in life money can't buy. For everything else... there's Mastercard...

Seriously though, you don't need to pay the $495 to get into medicine or dentistry, just the others (and you don't need the emotional intelligence book if you have a good social life) and invest the same amount of time.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
JoshCalla said:
Crap that you chose AMEPP for your umat training *sorry*. A friend of mine gave them a go and it took yonks for her to receive her materials. She ended up switching to Icarus College instead and has had no trouble so far. She said that Icarus' questions are more detailed and are quite similar to those on the umat. I'm going to give Icarus College a shot. Judging from her advice, I think I will get a better deal.
well i am doing Icarus already...

I'VE BEEN WITH ICARUS SINCE DECEMBER 2007!
IT'S NOT BAD....PRETTY GOOD QUESTIONS AND EXPLANATIONS.
JUST THAT U NEED TO LOG AND STUFF.THAT'S ANNOYING. (hurts your eyes, staring at the PC screen for like 4 hours).

NEVERTHELESS, Amepp is also not bad. I've got the books and they're alright...

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
As mso has stated, purchasing a preparation course isn't necessary. Mensa Wiro: Ultimate Challenge series will expand your abilty to think critically; the abilty to think critically is essentially a necessity if you wish to do well in the UMAT. Additionally, the Internet is flooded with material which resemble UMAT questions (ACERSBQ's).
Emotional Intelligence is very relevant mana, especially for section II. There's also another title from Coleman called Social Intelligence, which is a must imo.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
I reckon the list below is the best all round for getting stuck into umat preparation - you needn't do any course but of course if you spend another year doing one trying to get a place then the 500 odd bucks below is a very small amount imo - mr d also recommends -- test your iq written by serebriakoff a past president of mensa hard to find - has anyone seen it?

M

icarus Champions Training course: $495
Mensa IQ book: $20 max, $5 if you find a good place
Speed reading book: $20 max, $5 if you find a good place
Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman: $35

Getting your desired career: priceless>>> but we still have to cough up

There are some things in life money can't buy. For everything else... there's Mastercard...

Seriously though, you don't need to pay the $495 to get into medicine or dentistry, just the others (and you don't need the emotional intelligence book if you have a good social life) and invest the same amount of time.[/quote]

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Yes, all except the Incarus Champions Training Course: $495.00
It's not necessary at all.
Identical questions can be located on the Internet, free of charge.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Sorry bacilli - wrong as usual - just pop up one please - aha - game set match
You just havent read the somel files yet - but eventually

M

Bacilli said:
Yes, all except the Incarus Champions Training Course: $495.00
It's not necessary at all.
Identical questions can be located on the Internet, free of charge.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I just thought this warranted posting on all of these prep course thread that has been hijacked by certain members:

Wooz said:
I'am questioning the credibility of those who post on this forum, esp those new memebers with a low post count...esp when 4 members have the same I.P.

Guess its not just "missed entry" that is being deceptive...

Last edited:

epark

HSC
hey i also have had trouble with AMEPP
i sent them a cheque and it cleared over 2 weeks ago and I have tried calling them on their office number and they NEVER pick up and it always goes to voicemail.. even during normal office hours!!! WTF? are they scamming me? They dont have an email address on their site to contact on either.... should I keep waiting? Has anyone else experienced problems like this?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
hey i also have had trouble with AMEPP
i sent them a cheque and it cleared over 2 weeks ago and I have tried calling them on their office number and they NEVER pick up and it always goes to voicemail.. even during normal office hours!!! WTF? are they scamming me? They dont have an email address on their site to contact on either.... should I keep waiting? Has anyone else experienced problems like this?
Keep trying to contact them, they are normally very reliable and prompt, but yeah I don't know what's going on in your case though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)