nursing at UTS or UNSW (1 Viewer)

saixorgxiii

HSC
N/A
hey i was wondering to do nursing just wondering which uni would be better to do the course at? UTS OR NSW??
much appreciate feedbacks:santa:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Why don't you learn more about nursing in general before undertaking the non-existant nursing course at UNSW. The second link has the list of universities and courses for you to become a registered nurse, I hope you know the difference between an enrolled, registered nurse and a midwife.
Becoming a Nurse
Nurse - Registered (NSW) | Job Guide

HSC
Yes hmmm i agree, there is no nursing course at UNSW and highly doubt there ever will be....
I would however go with UTS :p bit of bias there but has been an awesome learning process so far.

Theres also ACU, UWS, UTas, Usyd (but i have to disagree with their masters... total devaluation of all the senior nurses out there), wollongong uni and notre dame. I think thats all the main sydney based ones.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Yes hmmm i agree, there is no nursing course at UNSW and highly doubt there ever will be....
I would however go with UTS :p bit of bias there but has been an awesome learning process so far.

Theres also ACU, UWS, UTas, Usyd (but i have to disagree with their masters... total devaluation of all the senior nurses out there), wollongong uni and notre dame. I think thats all the main sydney based ones.
whats wrong with the usyd M.Nursing?

HSC
I just think its ridiculous that someone who hasnt even had 3 full nursing yrs of nursing training (as 2yrs are combined with another course) comes out with a masters. I was talking with a CNE aka nurse educator and they were like yea well these kids are coming out more qualified than me and ive been working in this job for how long... Like the knowledge and skills that should be required to attain to a masters level i think is just being degraded with this degree. Theres so much to know with nursing i.e. not just bed pans and washes as many seem to think, and yea.... just my 2 cents.

Not saying its a bad course i just think the "Masters" part is a bit ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)