Interstate cut off for Monash (1 Viewer)

Chemistryace

HSC
My goal is to study medicine at JCU, because I think the max OP I will get is an OP3. My dad is a doctor and he passed from Monash and wants me to go there as well. I am suspecting inter state cut off will be 99.95 UAI or high OP 1, is this so?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
lol. No way, where the heck did u get that from? There are quite a few people with 99.95 in our year, but its definitely not essential. There are people with 96 (non rural) who get in (they nailed the umat and interview).
U have to do well on the umat in order to secure an interview. The umat cutoff for Monash is incredibly high simply because its the only uni in Victoria that offers undergraduate medicine and is the first choice of uni for all Victorian school leavers wanting to do medicine. The umat is the first selector, and basically determines if u have a shot or not. So if u want Monash, u definitely have to nail the umat. Based on these scores, interviews are offered.
The interview and umat together make up a majority of the weighting. Of course u need a decent OP. OP 3 should be sufficient provided you do very well in the other 2 items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)