undergrad med. UAI still required? in 2nd yr tertiary study (1 Viewer)

freq707

HSC
i asked this question in another thread..but its bugging me like crazy so decided this would be best way to get an answer!

im in 2nd year of Bsc at UNSW
my uai was most definately below the undergrad med cut off....purely because i literally winged my entire hsc....i was immature lol
i've changed haha :)
do i still have a chance? if i sit the umat and do well, is it my umat and gpa that will count toward my undergrad entry application?
this is all in reference to newcastle uni
thaaaanks

and a lil side question - im majorng in anatomy..does this get looked at even at all?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
i asked this question in another thread..but its bugging me like crazy so decided this would be best way to get an answer!

and a lil side question - im majorng in anatomy..does this get looked at even at all?
Please check the other threads.

Short answer No, unless you are going to apply for graduate med and apply at Deakin where you get a 2% bonus in the application if you have done Medical Science/Biomedical Science and majored in it.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
its part gpa, part uai, part interview, i believe.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
thats what i meant. for the "academic achievement" criteria thats what it is. then theres the interview and dont forget UMAT. all these 3 are weighted equally.

freq707

HSC
as i was to keen to find out, as the thought of undergrad as a possibility was exciting, i got someone already in undergrad med at newcastle to ask the admissions desk there
and turns out if you have completed a year of tertiary study, they look at that (a 5.5gpa required) and not uai
+ umat and interview obviously...

so looks like im doing the umat!
yay...excitement seems to be crushed at the thought haha

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Regarding UNSW, I spoke with the dean early last year about non-standard entry and UAI. I remember him saying that if your UAI is not competitive, you're required to complete two years of tertiary studies in order to be considered. same goes for tafe students who have since progressed to uni studies without uai

For example Isurus' uai was 10 but during his tertiary studies in chemistry he averaged distinctions, particularly is areas of interest (e.g. amonimum nitrate applications, uranium 235 etc...) u know? biological warfare chem, ah nah i meant, biochemistry...

anyway, compressed'ly, if ya uai is shit u will need minimum for unsw:

2 years tertiary studies/umat/..) interview if accepted

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
UNCle/UNE: 1 year uni studies/umat (uai not considered)
UWS: 1 year uni studies/umat (considers uai: depends on circumstances, contact uni)

doink

Clone
HSC
your best bet is UNCLE/UNE where they dont take uai or UWS where its your choice of GPA or UAI.

freq707

HSC
my choice is uncle for sure, but i have to get it
this is my hurdle
and why im eagerly seeking anyone that can help me by sending any prep stuff they have my way..as i caaaant afford any of them courses! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)