STAT Exam in May (1 Viewer)

kevda1st

HSC
Is there any point in doing the STAT test this early??? my friends are urging me to take the one in may in order to get a feel for it, so i can do it again at the end of the year.

My schools careers advisor told me that the one in may is for late UNI applicants and dosnt see the point in rushing it.

So should i take the one in may and do it again at the end of the year. (also if u take the stat u cannot sit it again for 6 months.)

yummy-cookies

HSC
I think its better to take the STAT test earlier, rather than later. It's always better to get it out of the way early so you don't have to worry about it later. And there is always the chance of not getting through, so by doing it in may, you have a 'second chance' later on.

only do it if you're seriously considering to do pharmacy or veternary science though - no point spending so much money if you aren't going to use it.

Lukybear

HSC
It dependeds whether you want the course badly enough. If u want pharmacy that much then i suggest doing it early, for everychance of doing well at it. But if you just want to do it as a second option, then i dont recommend wasting money.

dp624

HSC
it's pretty darn easy; don' worry

SophJI

HSC
I'm doing it on may too
if i fail this one i have another chance later in the year
i think it's worth it

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Yer as people said. It's good to have a second chance. I'm sitting it in 2 weeks two (even though I have assessments etc coming up).

I know your thinking youd be better off doing it at the end of the year when theres no school pressure etc. But put it this way.

- If you fail now, there goes 110 bux but u can do it at the end of the year
- Don't do it now, and fail at the end of the year, you miss out on a whole year of uni, cos u can't sit the one in may next year (have to wait a year).

Good luck.

Last edited:

omgd.

HSC
N/A
does anyone know how much is good for pharmacy? Like what kind of mark? Like i know the site says 93.15, but is it like with med, how you can apply with 93 if you live in the west and also go to a school in the west, but at the end of the day people with 98+ have a better chance. Is pharmacy like that too ? I dont know many people who do it, so i dont have much idea.

yummy-cookies

HSC
does anyone know how much is good for pharmacy? Like what kind of mark? Like i know the site says 93.15, but is it like with med, how you can apply with 93 if you live in the west and also go to a school in the west, but at the end of the day people with 98+ have a better chance. Is pharmacy like that too ? I dont know many people who do it, so i dont have much idea.
I pretty sure the quoted 93.15 is the cut off mark. It's different from med where you have to get 95 to be considered for it, even if you get a superb umat. my impression of pharmacy is get 93.15 (or whatever the cut off mark is) and you're in once you can pass the STAT. So you CAN apply with that mark.

of course, people getting 98 will have a better chance, since those with a higher UAI will obviously get first choice (ie. be accepted first by the course). but its a case of damand and supply - they've got a number of places, and they will fill them with the highest UAIs that will apply.

btw, what does living in the west and going to school in the west got to do with anything

omgd.

HSC
N/A
btw, what does living in the west and going to school in the west got to do with anything
Oh in UWS you can apply for med with 95 if you go to a school in the west, and if you live in the west as well ( for at least the last 4 years ) you can apply with uai of 93.

I dont know if that matters since theyre still getting marks that are 98 plus. But i dont know, it kinda helps to know even if i go crap i can still APPLY :haha:

btw; thnx for your answer :D

bayan92

HSC
You have to get 150/200 in STAT for Pharmacy at USYD and a UAI of 91.90 + to be considered.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
You have to get 150/200 in STAT for Pharmacy at USYD and a UAI of 91.90 + to be considered.
Wasn't 150 just for last year? I guess it should be around the same for this year. oh noes STAT is tomorrow :eek:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
BAHAHAHA 150... yeah because that's real hard - why do they even make you do it.

kevda1st

HSC
im guessing i studied as much as i could....pretty much memorized the answers to the sample questions so i don't see the point in doing em...

anything else i should know about or do??

q3thefish

HSC
I'm gonna be at birrong high 12:30. Good luck everyone who's goin yeh?

q3thefish

HSC
Yeh. Apparently they have different sessions lolz - my friend is goin at that time as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)