Umat + hsc (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey i heard my friend said this today and not sure, he said he heard that this guy at carrerr expo said you u get ~90UAI and 70% for UMAT you can get into medicine, :S
I don't really even no what UMAT is, but just wanting to no if that true ???

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
that is BS, you need a min of 95 to do med. and UMAT isn't a percentage... well at least i don't think it is.... UMAT is a admission test if you want to do medicine. if ur planning on sitting the test, you should get some practice booklets or god to a PrEp course

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
unless you are rural, not a chance. even then, you would have to pull of an amazing interview.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
some universties do it diffrently. UNSW say that 1/3 will be based on your UAI, 1/3 will be based on your UMAT and 1/3 will be based on your interview score. Newcastle say that if you get a UAI greater that 95 and a UMAT of 180ish, you are through to the interviews. this means that the intervies at UNCLE are worth 100% of you "admission score". go to the uni's site to find out the weighing of the different components

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
there is something called an over all score... im not sure how it works. i heard that it is out of 300 but then i recently heard it isn't so im not your man when it comes to the scoring.. but i think that 70 as an overall score it pretty good. just the UAI of 90 doesn't seem right for med

Chemistryace

HSC
there is something called an over all score... im not sure how it works. i heard that it is out of 300 but then i recently heard it isn't so im not your man when it comes to the scoring.. but i think that 70 as an overall score it pretty good. just the UAI of 90 doesn't seem right for med
With that UAI one would have to do graduate entry

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
some universties do it diffrently. UNSW say that 1/3 will be based on your UAI, 1/3 will be based on your UMAT and 1/3 will be based on your interview score. Newcastle say that if you get a UAI greater that 95 and a UMAT of 180ish, you are through to the interviews. this means that the intervies at UNCLE are worth 100% of you "admission score". go to the uni's site to find out the weighing of the different components
just thought i would correct that 90.9 for rural students and 93.80 for normal students - the JMP: Newie and UNE.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
just thought i would correct that 90.9 for rural students and 93.80 for normal students - the JMP: Newie and UNE.
^correct.
this is the lowest UAI threshold for entry into NSW med schools.

UMAT is out of 300, however your mark is given as a weighted average, e.g. a mark of 60 corresponds to a mark of 180. hence a mark of 70 would most probably place you into the top percentile.

different uni's require different umat thresholds, e.g. UWS requires minimum 18X for standard applicants, and 167(? not totally sure) for gws-applicants.

dp624

HSC
wtf lolol 90uai 70 umat
i wish
actually no i don't, it'd mean TSUNAMI more than it is now

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
Hey i heard my friend said this today and not sure, he said he heard that this guy at carrerr expo said you u get ~90UAI and 70% for UMAT you can get into medicine, :S
I don't really even no what UMAT is, but just wanting to no if that true ???
to get 70% in umat is VERY VERY difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)