studying for UMAT. (1 Viewer)

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
how much time do you dedicate to studying for UMAT?

have you studied for it at all?

I've signed up for MedEntry the other day and was planning on completing their online drills, but i just find i have no time in between assessment tasks and other things. Perhaps i should get cracking....

charlie91

HSC
hey

i have the same problem too, but lately ive been doing it one drill from each section at 10 o'clock, it doesnt take more then an hour to do and it feels really good when you get section 1 right, i hateeeeeeeeeeee that section

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
every night hey? so perhaps just one drill?

i hope i haven't left it too late.

hollaholla

HSC
lol wouldnt want to worry you but i started panicking about umat last september! but i havnt done much...you can probably finish the whole thing this term but itlll be hard coz of all the assessments

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
last september...holy man.

i better pull my finger out.
hope i don't look like too much of a dick at MedEntry this weekend.

dp624

HSC
you can't really 'study' more like just practice though

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
if u find ur running out of time, just do the practice exams. i found they were better practice since u need to learn to pace urself and drills are too short. i remember i only did like 4 exams or something, but they helped a lot.

ducks_1234

HSC
crap...left UMAT practice for too late?? Its in July, right, so there's still enough time? July 29th for WA...and there's holidays before so that gives me more time..:confused:

simplyyme

HSC
I'm not even going to try any prep courses, i don't have the money for it, hopefully i can still get a decent mark by doing the ACER booklets and doing a couple of online/Mensa puzzles and IQ tests.

My only concern is section 3 - some of those patterns and pictures are hard to piece together, section 2 is seems like common sense to me, and section 1 from what I've seen in the ACER booklets for some weird reason reminds me of multiple choice from my geo exams O_O

freq707

HSC
id ask around if i were you just see if anyone has any prep stuff they can go thru with you, or lend you or anything
coz those acer books compared to the F2F and icarus stuff ive looked at are way easier

im crappppping myself for this friken UMAT, because im so set on getting in! not only will it cut my travel time in half if i get in, but all my school friends are at the same uni so i might actually see them more than once a year!
my friend, who got into undergrad last year, said she cracked down and did intense prep only like a week before the actual test...but she was alot smarter than me ;)

theres so much hype around this stupid test that it seems so far out of reach, i just have to keep telling myself that its not!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)