Gosh, I even know that
    lol
    not surprised u wuld no that

HSC
    N/A

Re: Umat

Quote Originally Posted by apollo1 View Post
    wat?
    "Anything that could gouge or slice [with the potential to].. On my table is becoming more and more alluring. That is all. >_>"

HSC

m8 ull go nowhere in life with that attitude. thats wat the thousands of kids who didnt get 90+ will tell themselves tonite while the ones who did have a celebatory fap.
    life has its ups and downs, I know what you mean by 'that attitude', but srsly I wasn't even giving myself that high a target (around the 88-90 percentile), yea I fell short by almost 10 percentile. While ppl that didn't even prep that well, just basically rolled it (generalisation), hope you can understand THE RAGE

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by KatherinePierce View Post
    "Anything that could gouge or slice [with the potential to].. On my table is becoming more and more alluring. That is all. >_>"
    bby dont hurt urself im coming over. (does this remind u of sumone)

HSC
    N/A

I got 97th percentile and truth be told I'm not even applying for medicine.. did it just in case I thought I might like it, but defs not applying.
    the girl who tops my chem class and who is bound to get a state rank, got 0 - 20% percentile and she wants to do medicine so badly. I feel so sorry for her, bcs she is one smart kid! guess UMAT is one of those moment in time exams, u might get through or not!

HSC
    N/A

bby dont hurt urself im coming over. (does this remind u of sumone)
    Two users, haha.

les gens sont decevants ohexploitable's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

is mary jane like an euphemism for ecstacy?
    lol no
    i wish my weight was as low as my self esteem~~

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by zando6 View Post
    life has its ups and downs, I know what you mean by 'that attitude', but srsly I wasn't even giving myself that high a target (around the 88-90 percentile), yea I fell short by almost 10 percentile. While ppl that didn't even prep that well, just basically rolled it (generalisation), hope you can understand THE RAGE
    i understand wat u r saying. but u hav to realise that getting into med is full of ups and downs. my parents are both doctors and it takes years of dedication through med school. so u hav to get over moments like these.

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_2575 View Post
    I got 97th percentile and truth be told I'm not even applying for medicine.. did it just in case I thought I might like it, but defs not applying.
    the girl who tops my chem class and who is bound to get a state rank, got 0 - 20% percentile and she wants to do medicine so badly. I feel so sorry for her, bcs she is one smart kid! guess UMAT is one of those moment in time exams, u might get through or not!
    nice work. chem is a rote learning subject though. so im not surprised bout the other girl.

HSC

about to be crucified

Cadet
    HSC

Do I still have a chance if I got 86?

HSC
    Uni Grad

Totally agree, a few dropkicks who barely do well at school, and flunk their subjects, and I presume did very little prep for UMAT got in the 90-100 percentiles. FML...all that money on prep courses wasted TT
    Its quite blatant that there is some element of luck/chance in UMAT, thats UNDENIABLE, not like I'm jelly of their percentiles..just sayin
    Kid that fails Mathematics and gets ~50% in Chem at my school beat me... WTF?!

:)
    HSC
    N/A

not surprised u wuld no that
    what's that supposed to mean?
    Bachelor of Science, University of Western Sydney

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ohexploitable View Post
    lol no
    ok this might sound stupid but this was my train of thought. i typed in jar of mary janes in google and it came up with candy and i thought since ecstacy kind of looks like candy it must have been that.

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieApocalypse View Post
    what's that supposed to mean?
    wat do u fink?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by KingDakai View Post
    Do I still have a chance if I got 86?
    LOL, not sure if srs

HSC

one dude in our school got 100, two got 99, and a LOT of people got 90+. i know that at least one person in ruse got 100. (protip, i did not do umat)

HSC
    N/A

nice work. chem is a rote learning subject though. so im not surprised bout the other girl.
    Thanks I doubt it, she scores almost full marks for physics as well. I'm honestly sad for her.. she'd make such a great doctor + such a nice person!!!
    My careers teacher, asked her to send it in for re correction - do hope there is a change for her sake! Trust me I'm only 1/2 as smart as her and I scored 97 - sure something must be wrong!

:)
    HSC
    N/A

wat do u fink?
    I don't know
    Bachelor of Science, University of Western Sydney

Banned
    HSC

Thanks I doubt it, she scores almost full marks for physics as well. I'm honestly sad for her.. she'd make such a great doctor + such a nice person!!!
    My careers teacher, asked her to send it in for re correction - do hope there is a change for her sake! Trust me I'm only 1/2 as smart as her and I scored 97 - sure something must be wrong!
    well im sure shes a very nice person but there are only two subjects in the hsc you cannot route learn - 4U maths or 4U english. therefore unless she gets top marks in 4U i fail to trust her smartness going by her umat result.

HSC

The thing with umat though is that it tests way more than academic ability, from what I've seen, its more a test of natural skills and instincts.
    All multiple choice has an element of fluke, but at the end of the day, if you are truly cut out for medicine, thenyou should be able to do well in this test without spending years and thousands of dollars on 'preparation' equipping you with skills that others possess naturally.

Bad luck if you didn't do as well as expected guys
    But maybe youre not really cut out for med, and will actually be better off in other careers.
    Or if you're really set on Med, do post grad or try again next year, but don't be one of those guys who go back again every single year and still never do well
    Last edited by tambam; 19 Sep 2011 at 10:07 PM.

HSC
    N/A

well im sure shes a very nice person but there are only two subjects in the hsc you cannot route learn - 4U maths or 4U english. therefore unless she gets top marks in 4U i fail to trust her smartness going by her umat result.
    haha true that in away ... she does 3unit though, but I don't know her marks, bcs I don't do 3 unit.
    I guess I just find it hard to accept that some one who scores incredible marks like her bombed out at the UMAT!

HSC

hey guys.
    i wanna get into medicine what dothink the required raw score and percentile is to get into med?

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by tambam View Post
    The thing with umat though is that it tests way more than academic ability, from what I've seen, its more a test of natural skills and instincts.
    All multiple choice has an element of fluke, but at the end of the day, if you are truly cut out for medicine, thenyou should be able to do well in this test without spending years and thousands of dollars on 'preparation' equipping you with skills that others possess naturally.

Bad luck if you didn't do as well as expected guys
    But maybe your not really cut out for med, and will actually be better off in other careers.
    Or if you're really set on Med, do post grad or try again next year, but don't be one of those guys who go back again every single year and still never do well
    wat did u get tambam?

HSC

wat did u get tambam?
    She's doing a cadetship. ie Didn't do umat.
    Baulko XI <- <3

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information