Medical Science Advice Thread (2 Viewers)

Medman

HSC
Very thorough but I think most high school students won't be able to understand anything except the first page.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Very thorough but I think most high school students won't be able to understand anything except the first page.
I'm obvi still working on it.

Have to add explanations and stuff.
High school students should know about units of study and stuff before they go to uni, unlike me, and unfortunately unless you go to a good school you don't really get that exposure.
But ask about an apprenticeship and WOAH information galore!

Medman

HSC
I had no idea about units and it didn't really matter that much. Knowing anything past first year is pretty useless because your preferences change after you have studied for 1 year.

pscecelia

HSC
hi just wanted to know could I do b/science and then transfer to b/medical science at Usyd or do you reckon I should just stay doing b/science

.....I wanna do postgraduate medicine

Medman

HSC
If you do science you can pick pretty much pick the same units as medical science student so it's up to you. You mean graduate medicine because it's not a post graduate degree, it's going to be super competitive now since USYD has changed it to MD.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I had no idea about units and it didn't really matter that much. Knowing anything past first year is pretty useless because your preferences change after you have studied for 1 year.
Knowing about first year stuff whilst in highschool is very useful though.

hi just wanted to know could I do b/science and then transfer to b/medical science at Usyd or do you reckon I should just stay doing b/science

.....I wanna do postgraduate medicine
gonna be real
Probs better off staying in science

But if you want to transfer just do the same units as first year MedSc kids.

If you do science you can pick pretty much pick the same units as medical science student so it's up to you. You mean graduate medicine because it's not a post graduate degree, it's going to be super competitive now since USYD has changed it to MD.
MD is a postgraduate degree… it's a masters…

But like, it won't be more competitive to get into than the MBBS.
It's legit the same entrance scheme.

Medman

HSC
Woops sorry you're right. USYD has been graduate until next year onward when it will change to postgraduate, as it is now classified as MD. It will be the legit same entrance scheme but I think people will be more likely to apply to USYD now since it's MD (You don't understand how competitive USYD students are).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)