best umat prep course? (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
plz dont spam this thread saying "oh its useless studying for an iq test and changing ur personality blah blah blah"

anyways yeh .. this is aimed at past hsc'ers...

which prep course did u go to.. was it good?

which one is the best one? ... thx :)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
although i havent done it, pple say dallas is the way 2 go..

Actuarial Boy
HSC
ohh its you.. :p that gave me those umat stuffs the other day =]

thxthx.. =)

Seabiscuit

HSC
I'm doing a UMAT prep course with Dallas soon, but a speaker from UNSW came to our school last week and he was from the medical faculty, and he said Dallas was a dodgy man and he lied on his website, because he named all these people who he says did Dallas and got into medicine, but a lot of them dindt do Dallas.
But yeah he said Dallas is bad. Though i'm sure he has his own agenda for saying it. Still.. it made me feel uneasy..

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i dunno i may have to.... it seems like a good idea....

every1 else is doing it why not join in... blARRRR im gunna fcuk up umat without a prep course mayb.. i dunno...

i want to feel prepared when i go in..... only way i can feel prepared is thru prep course

Shiloh

HSC
Would anyone be able to give me some advice. I was wanting to do UMAT.

korry

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Wohzazz
how many qs? Are these like past official umat papers?
i thought you couldn't get past papers for the UMAT

HSC
I hate all these prep courses and stuff for UMAT. It would be so much better if there werent any but now there are some, the people who do it have an advantage, and so you have to do it or you are disadavantaged. It has taken the whole point away. So yea i reckon that everyone should do preperation courses or noone, otherwise it is pointess, your not getting the best doctors your getting the people who are good at studying.
Not that it's wrong you doing a course or anything, ill probably do one of them too. But yeah it would be way better if there weren't any.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
dude/dudette...you could say the exact same thing about tutoring, or hsc enrichment courses, or "study camps"/seminars etc etc etc!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
dude/dudette...you could say the exact same thing about tutoring, or hsc enrichment courses, or "study camps"/seminars etc etc etc!
And that is why I am against tutoring

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
And that is why I am against tutoring
Yet your profile says you tutor for $30/h :p Thats exactly like me. I've never had a tutor and am totally against it but I've tutored people.... well this one girl in maths. She gave me $50 :D

HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
Not really. THe point of UMAT is to determine natural ability and intellegence etc. The point of the HSC is to find people who are the most "academic."
I was just pointing out that if there are all these prep courses it just kinda turns it into another hsc where you are trying to find who is the most academic. Well that's if the prep courses even work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)