Interview Questions? (1 Viewer)

willling

HSC
Hi, the medicine interviews coming up and it's time to get practising! That being said, does anyone has a source of interview questions for MMI and/or panel styles interviews?

bangladesh

HSC
heheh anyone who provides u with questions will give u an advantage for your interview meaning their interview score potentially needs to be higher to secure an offer. It's free for all from now on.

Nahjks they're everywhere man, do a google search of it and they'll pop up.

Medman

HSC
This was a past JMP question

You are the father of a two year old son who has developed a medical condition. His condition means by age six he will be disabled. There is an experimental treatment available with a 50% chance of cure but 50% chance of disability.

Didn't see this post and sorry been extremely busy with students this year. Booked out almost.

bangladesh

HSC

You are the father of a two year old son who has developed a medical condition. His condition means by age six he will be disabled. There is an experimental treatment available with a 50% chance of cure but 50% chance of disability.

Didn't see this post and sorry been extremely busy with students this year. Booked out almost.
seems fairly straightforward to me. Any tougher questions?

Medman

HSC
seems fairly straightforward to me. Any tougher questions?
Not really straight forward in my opinion. There are so many ways you can answer this question.

Let me give you a taste of what could be said:
1. Does having the disability early affect the child more than later?
2. What is the extent of the disability? Certain disabilities will not be as profound.
3. How will the disability affect the child's future. Will they be able to live a normal life and work in society.
4. Mother's or other family's perspective on treatment or disability.
5. The financial implications of treatment and future care for the child with disability.
6. The impact of treatment on the child, either social, psychological or side effects.
7. Social impact of the treat or disability. Need for relocation will have significant financial cost but also affect work, family members (who may be living close by) etc.

There may be more but that's what I have thought of. If you got them then you are ready for interviews.

Last edited:

bangladesh

HSC
Not really straight forward in my opinion. There are so many ways you can answer this question.

Let me give you a taste of what could be said:
1. Does having the disability early affect the child more than later?
2. What is the extent of the disability? Certain disabilities will not be as profound.
3. How will the disability affect the child's future. Will they be able to live a normal life and work in society.
4. Mother's or other family's perspective on treatment or disability.
5. The financial implications of treatment and future care for the child with disability.
6. The impact of treatment on the child, either social, psychological or side effects.
7. Social impact of the treat or disability. Need for relocation will have significant financial cost but also affect work, family members (who may be living close by) etc.

There may be more but that's what I have thought of. If you got them then you are ready for interviews.
haha yeah i thought of most of them. I'll inbox you a question i was unsure of sometime this week to see what you think of it

bengosha60

Peasant
HSC

What do they actually expect you to say?

bangladesh

HSC
What do they actually expect you to say?
they want you to take them through your thought process and how you reach a decision. The choice itself isn't very important in most cases as long as its justified.

Medman

HSC
they want you to take them through your thought process and how you reach a decision. The choice itself isn't very important in most cases as long as its justified.
Your thought process has to be detailed and not just superficial. They don't care exactly what you say as long as it makes logical sense and there there is a structure to it. At the end of the day there are many ways to answer the given question. Yeh generally judgement doesn't matter albeit in some cases it might.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)