JMP photo identification - Passport issued within last TWO YEARS?! (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
Okay I'm going into stress mode right now. For those who have been to JMP did they specifically look at your issue date? Here is what it said on the sheet "acceptable... are a current passport (issued within the last 2 years),..."

My passport is issued in 2010. The person in it looks exactly like me (because he is me). Only thing different is the issue date!

Has anyone ever been turned away because of that? Is that a strictly binding rule or is it just a guide to prevent people bringing ID that are hard to identify? (because you can definitely identify me from my passport and my current face).

My passport is valid all the way till 2015. Seriously, JMP interviews are the ONLY time I've ever seen requiring a recent issue date and just for passports!

Also, surely there have been people in a similar position in the past. Have they been turned away? (i.e. those who brought a passport that was issued >2 years ago)

Last edited:

BlugyBlug

HSC
Can't say man, pretty much everyone just showed their driver's license when I went.

I'm guessing you don't have a license - Worst case scenario: bring all possible forms of ID (passport, birth cert, school card, UMAT2014 ticket, interview invitation) and just throw them in their face.

iStudent

HSC
>.<
I'm just very glad this isn't unsw! And that it was jmp which isn't high on the list of unis i want to go to!
I'm just hoping :/

Medman

HSC
How did you go iStudent?

I tried to replicate the questions as best I could for my students and apparently it helped so I'm quite happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)