Transferring after one year of medical science? (1 Viewer)

madijd

HSC
Has anyone/ does anyone know of someone transferring from medical science to medicine after 1 or 2 years?

Im interested in med at USYD!

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
you cant transfer into med @ usyd.
med @ usyd is postgrad only.

iStudent

HSC
but what about their undergrad bachelor of medicine / bachelor of surgery for 99.95+Umat scores?
It's not an undergrad degree. You do a separate bachelor degree for 3 years (e.g. commerce, science etc) then you do med (for 4 years). Essentially you get a medical degree and a separate bachelor degree for a total of 7 years.
Also, while they consider 99.95 (and interview) they totally ignore UMAT (this is for school leavers). If you want to do medicine at USYD, I believe your best pathway right now is to do a bachelor degree, undertake the GAMSAT and pass the interview if you're offered one.

madijd

HSC
It's not an undergrad degree. You do a separate bachelor degree for 3 years (e.g. commerce, science etc) then you do med (for 4 years). Essentially you get a medical degree and a separate bachelor degree for a total of 7 years.
Also, while they consider 99.95 (and interview) they totally ignore UMAT (this is for school leavers). If you want to do medicine at USYD, I believe your best pathway right now is to do a bachelor degree, undertake the GAMSAT and pass the interview if you're offered one.
Thanks so much! No one has ever explained it that clearly before :)

Xt

HSC
N/A
Can always transfer to UWS, UNE/UNCLE, UNSW, UTAS, JCU after 1, 2, 3 years of ANY bachelors.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Never knew this. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gahyunkk

HSC
Does 'ignore UMAT' mean we don't need UMAT score but only high ATAR? I heard the cutoff for international students is 99.65. Is it still possible for me to change my preference to this course and wait for my second round offers? (I got 99.75 and second offer for internationals is on 3rd of January.)

iStudent

HSC
Not sure how it works for international students, sorry.
And yea, no umat considered whatsoever, just ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)