pathway to get into medicine without UMAT score atm (1 Viewer)

gahyunkk

HSC
I'm an international students and got ATAR 99.75.
I wasn't thinking of doing medicine before so I didn't sit for UMAT test this year.
For both UNSW or Syd uni, what's gonna be my pathway?

(I already got offers from actuarial studies(UNSW/macq uni/ANU) and commerce(syd uni).
Should I accept my original first preference (actuarial at UNSW) for in case and then change my preferences for next round?)

Xt

HSC
N/A
JCU is the only university that doesn't accept UMAT but I think their applications closed a while ago. You'll just have to do UMAT next year and maintain high grades and transfer after first year of university.

gahyunkk

HSC
JCU is the only university that doesn't accept UMAT but I think their applications closed a while ago. You'll just have to do UMAT next year and maintain high grades and transfer after first year of university.
Do they see my ATAR results as well?
I heard that ATAR score can be reserved for a year but i'm not sure about this.
Some people said take a gap year and apply for unsw medicine as a school leaver but i dont want to take a gap year.. Is it that hard to transfer from unsw actuarial to unsw medicine??

Xt

HSC
N/A
Not sure on the difficulty of transfer since I have not done actuarial but I'd imagine it would be since actuarial itself is a demanding course and difficult to achieve the HD's necessary to transfer to UNSW.

If you take a gap year, they will still consider your ATAR for 2016 entry.

Medman

HSC
I don't like the term transfer. It requires you to reapply and do everything a school leaver would do UMAT, interview etc. Even with a high distinction average they will only count that was a 99 ATAR which would put you at a disadvantage. I had a student with HD average, 97% UMAT (I think) apply and score top 25% in interview but that was insufficient to attain entry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)