Rural entry for medicine (1 Viewer)

The Savior

HSC
Hi all, just wondering if anybody here got into medicine through a rural entry scheme or something like that. Maybe Monash or UNSW. What sort of umat and atar marks did you get to secure you an interview? I talked to this girl who got 96.4 atar and got into Monash, no idea what her umat score was though. So any information would be great. Thanks!:spin:

AllTogether

HSC
I know someone who got into UNSW medicine with a 95. something atar, a mid range UMAT and she really impressed in the interview

noctua

HSC
I know someone who got into UNSW with an ATAR of 95 and a UMAT of around 75.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Rural (RA-2+) students are usually in a completely different application stream. For UNSW and Monash, the rural student's ATAR requirement for an interview is usually around 93 or 94, possibly a little higher. UMAT, as mentioned, should be around 70th percentile to remain competitive in the rural stream. Some unis though have a 50-50-50 requirement on each section of the UMAT for both standard/rural applications, so watch out for those.

Fizzy, at UNSW, the standard stream applications need a minimum of 96. The rural stream has a minimum of 91.

yangsta999

HSC
Uni Grad
I know someone who got into Monash via the Dean's Rural List with 95-97 ATAR and 64 UMAT. He must've aced the interviews though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)