USYD combined medicine interview (1 Viewer)

gahyunkk

HSC
I got an interview offer for B.commerce/Doctor of medicine course at USYD.
How should i prepare for it???

gahyunkk

HSC
Lol how did u know?
Yea i was considering between two of them so i tried changing my preferecne after i got an offer for actuarial studies.
And now i got an interview offer from USYD so i'm asking for any tips :p

HSC
Lol how did u know?
Yea i was considering between two of them so i tried changing my preferecne after i got an offer for actuarial studies.
And now i got an interview offer from USYD so i'm asking for any tips :p
I commented on your thread about actuarial studies and how you got an offer hahaha!

bangladesh

HSC
you're pretty much in. They only reject 1 or 2 people out of the 50 they interview. Just dont say anything stupid and you're in.

iStudent

HSC
you're pretty much in. They only reject 1 or 2 people out of the 50 they interview. Just dont say anything stupid and you're in.
50 interviews? I thought there were only around 26 places. How does that work?

go_cadel

HSC
i'm pretty sure gahyunkk is international so the interviewing/offer system would be different (first round domestic for usyd is already done)

bangladesh

HSC
50 interviews? I thought there were only around 26 places. How does that work?
haha nah, I thought that too from the uac guide or even their website but there is defs more than ~25 spots.

They basically make an exception since they've gotten .95 and can move the numbers around as much as i want. I think right now there is around 40 something people in comb med from 13' grads

puneetnanda

HSC
I think about 60 people turned up to the semi structured interview on the 5th of Jan ( like 15 were music/med, some interstates and a few others were born in Australia but did exams overseas). According to the site there are 30 spots for domestic applicants and 10 for international (although those born in Australia are apparently still domestic since they are born here regardless if they did an international exam).

FROM USYD WEBSITE:

Places available
Up to 30 domestic places will be offered each year for the combined medicine degrees.

There are up to 10 places available for international applicants who meet the requirements.

Up to 5 additional places will be offered each year to applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people in the following combined degrees:

Bachelor of Medical Science / Doctor of Medicine
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) / Doctor of Medicine

In terms of preparation I don't know theres really anything you can do apart from not being overly reserved and emotionless during the interview. It is very, very casual and is more like just a nice talk than an interview.

Last edited:

yangsta999

HSC
Uni Grad
I got one as well but chose not to bother because I am an interstate applicant and out of the 30 places, 27 are for NSW students.

Medman

HSC
Just like how you would prep for a job interview. Also don't be a jerk!

gahyunkk

HSC
Thank you guys :)

Apparently there is 30mins writing task + 20mins interview.

Medman

HSC
20 minutes group interview. Btw did you get in? One student of mine got an offer 3 days after the interview.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)