Uadel med/dent offers (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
I didn't get either one even with 99.90 and 95%ile umat. So clearly it's either very competitive or they don't release offers to interstate applicants for main round (hoping this is the case :/)

Anyone received offer/no offer?

Also, their mistake
This morning SATAC sent you an email confirming that you did not receive an offer in today's university undergraduate offer round. The subject line of that email was incorrectly "Your SATAC application - fees owing". You do not currently owe application fees. The subject line should have been "Your SATAC application - no offer in today's round". Please note that the information provided in the email was correct in confirming that you have not received an offer in today's offer round. The text is reproduced below.
frustrated me quite a bit haha

BlugyBlug

HSC
I didn't get either one even with 99.90 and 95%ile umat. So clearly it's either very competitive or they don't release offers to interstate applicants for main round (hoping this is the case :/)

Anyone received offer/no offer?

Also, their mistake frustrated me quite a bit haha
Didn't get one either - your scores are insane though considering your 99.90 has a weighting of 40%. I'm interstate, too.

edit: This is ridiculous - your scores didnt get you into dentistry? wtf. Never applied for it but from what I've gathered a 99.90 and 95% should be overkill for dent.

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
I probably majorly screwed up somehow. Though, it didn't feel like it (I thought I went OK lol). Just wondering if they even release offers to interstates for main round.

iStudent

HSC
Didn't get one either - your scores are insane though considering your 99.90 has a weighting of 40%. I'm interstate, too.

edit: This is ridiculous - your scores didnt get you into dentistry? wtf. Never applied for it but from what I've gathered a 99.90 and 95% should be overkill for dent.
I didn't get one for oral health either! (though, I'm not sure about the weighting of interview vs umat)

ElleWhy

HSC
I just got an offer for Adelaide Dentistry as a non-standard interstater with a 92% UMAT and 6.75 GPA. Not sure if I'll accept it yet though.

go_cadel

HSC
No offer as well lol with 99.5 and 98 umat
Thought interview was pretty good

anime

HSC
No offer as well lol with 99.5 and 98 umat
Thought interview was pretty good

Uadel-medicine
Offer
Bonded
UMAT 100%
ATAR 99.85
rural
Interstate-vic

Not sure how everyone else did
What are the chances of being upgraded to unbonded??

go_cadel

HSC
Uadel-medicine
Offer
Bonded
UMAT 100%
ATAR 99.85
rural
Interstate-vic

wow, good job, those marks are ridiculously high. (let alone for a rural student)
good chance of getting upgraded, as they normally limit the no. of first round offers and quite a few people reject.

iStudent

HSC
Uadel-medicine
Offer
Bonded
UMAT 100%
ATAR 99.85
rural
Interstate-vic

That is crazy... especially if you only got bonded!

Medman

HSC
Remember you are also competing with excellent students who most preferably will want UNSW. I heard last year they almost went up to reserve 50.

iStudent

HSC

I emailed them and this is how they replied:

To answer your query about offers, you will remember from reading the admissions guide that:

Applicants will be ranked in consideration for an offer based on their performance in the three components of the admissions process:
>> Oral Assessment Results: First Ranking Level
>> UMAT Results: Second Ranking Level
>> Academic Results: Meets threshold and Final Ranking Level

It means that you are ranked firstly on your Oral Assessment score – first level
For all people on the same oral assessment score they are then ranked within that on the UMAT score – second level

The academic score is then used as a third ranking level if required, it there are any applicants still on the same rank after the Oral Assessment and UMAT.

The academic score is also a minimum threshold for all applicants.

That's pretty crazy for places to be essentially 100% interview :/

BlugyBlug

HSC
The 2015 admissions guide pg 7 clearly states 40:40:20 weighting for atar,interview,umat and now we get that email?

Not sure what is going on here lol.

edit: The only mention of that kind of tiered ranking system in the admissions guide is under international student entry (pg14). Except for some reason it says PQA rather than UMAT in there.

edit2: oh right, i see. all good then :)

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
Oh that was for Oral Health and Dentistry. Medicine is 40:40:20

TranceStep

HSC
I also missed out on the main round, 95 UMAT 6.6 GPA, thought my interview was pretty good, i guess not. Although I am hopeful of a place for the 2nd round.

tyrone97

HSC
I got the same scores as you and didn't receive an offer from Uni of Adelaide (I got an email from the actual uni itself saying I did not rank high enough). I didn't get an offer to Flinders Uni either, which doesn't even have an interview. :/
edit: im from NSW so i was an interstate applicant

medstud

HSC
For reference, last year I got 97th percentile UMAT and 99.20, interviewed well, didn't get a first round med offer for UAdel (as a NSW resident). But I did get a late round offer of a bonded spot from them (which I rejected for unbonded UNSW)

sciencenerd

HSC
sorry to chime, BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT GET AN OFFER WITH THOSE SCORES...?
i mean i knew med was competitive, but i thought getting scores like that would be enough to get you in!! :

bangladesh

HSC
sorry to chime, BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT GET AN OFFER WITH THOSE SCORES...?
i mean i knew med was competitive, but i thought getting scores like that would be enough to get you in!! :
im pretty sure they favour SA applicants over interstate, i remember reading something about that

mayla

HSC
Does anyone know how many med spots they have at adelaide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)