Best option for a med hopeful? (1 Viewer)

HSC
UTS Med Sci or UNSW Med Sci?

Got an offer for UNSW Med Sci don't know if I should take it as I believe it is easier to receive a high GPA at UTS (where I am atm) thus making it a little easier to gain entry into post-grad med. However, UNSW i think has the better program, campus and facilities overall but don't know if going there will slim down my chances ?

Where would you guys go? :)

such_such

HSC
It's pretty competitive at UNSW. My med sci friend said theres around 200+ people in a cohort and they only accept a small number of people if you want to go thru their honours program thing. Basically you finish your 4th year of med sci with honours with competitive wam and after doing interview, umat you can enter the 3rd year of med. Could be wrong here or there from memory. Probs more reliable to check with a med sci person

Btw most of the cohort do UMAT again and hope to enter first year for other med/dentistry places in Australia, so you always have this option.

My friend also got an offer for UNSW and chose UWS for the same reasons as you. It really depends on you though.

Medman

HSC
If you're certain you want medicine or dentistry and not med science then stay. If you are thinking med science as a career then change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)