hmm 35 = shit. yea i knew section 3 would bring me down

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Christine
whats UMAT?????
Undergradute medicine admissions tests

in other words for people who wants 2 be doctors.

Rosie

Hey i just thought for anyone that did the UMAT (i never did it) but i started a thread in the uni section titled regional entry test and somewhere in there people were talking about UMAT. You might wanna have a sneak peak :)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
As far as I'm concerned, UMAT is just another means for the medical organization to obtain more money!

I mean really, it's weighted as heavily as the UAI you get which is ridiculous. I would have got into medicine if it weren't for umat, which I don't feel happy about :(

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
As far as I'm concerned, UMAT is just another means for the medical organization to obtain more money!

I mean really, it's weighted as heavily as the UAI you get which is ridiculous. I would have got into medicine if it weren't for umat, which I don't feel happy about :(
hell yeah, but not the medical organisation, the ACER. The unis must get some monetary advantage out of it too.

how do you know you would have gotten in if UMAT was discounted and/or you did better? and how do you know that you won't get in on second-round offers? The HSC results aren't out yet. There's always hope.

:)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I know I can't get in because I got in the 50th percetile for each of the three areas which is not good enough to be accepted. I think you have to be in the top 10%.

Oh well

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
oh well, indeed. I hope you get there in the end though, if it's waht you really want to do.

Top 10 percent? ahhh...why do i never hear about such rules? Is that a general for all universities? Is it top ten in every section?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I don't think it's a general rule for all uni's. I think its just for medicine. BUt now tht I think of it, I don't think I want to do it anymore lol

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
nothing.

(the sordid indecisiveness of today's youth: a product of being told repeatedly in primary school, "you can do anything, anything you want")

it was not personal...I actually feel much the same way as you.

Ozz^E

I actaully had a pretty useful and imforative chat with the UNSW medicine (and the end of which i was rather annoyed).

But yeh i got valuable info:

For a first round interview the umat cut off(which is simply the average of the three scaled marks) was 57. So if u got that plus had a predicted uai of b/t 98-100 then u got a first round int. If u got lower then u prob wont get a second round as well. Because its like the uai cut off of 95 - if someone got 94.9 then thats it...there out. Basically because its very competitive.

So yea..im in a similar position to ultiamte. Im expectinga verry high uai...in the vicinity of 100...but now i have no chnace coz my umat ave was 53.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Thankyou for that information Ozz^E, now it makes much more sense. :)

You were close, that's a shame.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
they were out of 100 I think. Well the results you received were percentile ranks in comparison to all other umat students

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I think she means the actual mark, not the percentile ranking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)