Umat 2015 (1 Viewer)

Helium head

HSC
Hello
Every time I do a UMAT practise paper , I use atleast 2-3 pages for working out (such as drawing shapes and tables) ,
However according to the website were not allowed scrap paper and can only write in the 'margins' of the test book ,
I don't understand why we're not permitted working out paper , but my question is , how have past
candidates approached their working out in such little space ? How does everyone else do it ? Do you just write really small ?

iStudent

HSC
Just used the margins of the test paper, as you said. No small writing necessary :)
You have more space than you think. With questions being mixed up, you have plenty of room in the page - e.g. S3 questions typically don't take up much space at all. You have the bottom borders, upper borders etc. Worst case scenario, you can write on the back of the booklet (I rarely did this)

bangladesh

HSC
I and many other candidates I know have written all over our papers in the past. It hasn't been enforced in the past and I strongly doubt that it'll be enforced in the future as it's a massive hassle for ACER to go through 12000 booklets to check every page (and there are a lot of pages) for writings..
I really think it helps to write for s1 and s3 to draw tables etc.

Helium head

HSC
yeah it definitely helps !
I cant even do a lot of the questions without drawing up tables :p
sorry, I don't understand , why would ACER have to go through our booklets anyways if we used it for working out ?
thanks for replying :)

nikki_chatti

HSC
N/A
I did the practice test 1 for UMAT and got 86/134... is that good or bad?

rand_althor

HSC
The practice tests provided by ACER are considered to be easier than the actual UMAT, so I think you should try get higher than that. Also, your performance in a practice test doesn't always correspond to how you'll do in the actual UMAT.

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
yeah it definitely helps !
I cant even do a lot of the questions without drawing up tables :p
sorry, I don't understand , why would ACER have to go through our booklets anyways if we used it for working out ?
thanks for replying :)
I swear tho, acer papers don't have questions requiring the table method :/

I did the practice test 1 for UMAT and got 86/134... is that good or bad?
is this the free one you get when you register?

photastic

HSC
The practice tests provided by ACER are considered to be easier than the actual UMAT, so I think you should try get higher than that. Also, your performance in a practice test doesn't always correspond to how you'll do in the actual UMAT.
So you sat the actual exam yourself to prove this?

rand_althor

HSC
Don't some of those have past questions?
From ACER's website (http://umat.acer.edu.au/prepare/faq-about-preparation-materials):

Q When were the online practice tests released?
A Practice Test 1 is included with the UMAT2015 registration and is an updated edition of the UMAT Practice Test first published in 2008. Practice Test 2 is an updated edition of the Practice Test 2 first published in 2009. In 2011, 12 questions were added to each test.
Practice Test 3 and Additional Practice Questions were both released in 2013.

I think I can remember hearing from the MedEntry seminar that ACER has a question bank from which they choose questions. Perhaps they select some questions to add to the practice tests? I don't know though, just taking a shot in the dark.

deboiz

HSC
Good luck to everyone too! How does the time pressure compare in the real umat say with acer practice 3?

And also for lols what would someone who got 122/134 in acer practice 3 get roughly in the real umat?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Good luck to everyone too! How does the time pressure compare in the real umat say with acer practice 3?

And also for lols what would someone who got 122/134 in acer practice 3 get roughly in the real umat?
Probably the same but the actual umat exam environment might make it stressful in terms of time pressure. But then again that test is sort of easier than the actual umat. It still means you're very prepared though because getting 122/134 in that paper is no fluke!

Good luck everyone :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)