UMAT 2015 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Since there is no Medicine Mod, I thought I might start a thread for discussion on this years UMAT. Feel free to discuss your overall thoughts on the exam and how you think you went!

nancylime

HSC
I would rather run a marathon than try and work out how the f most of those pick the middle patterns worked

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
S1: Alright, to be expected. Anyone get the Leap Year Equation question? I had no idea how to do it.
S2: For my always came down to 2 options of which I ended up guessing one since I could not find evidence to separate them.
S3: Got REKT, 360noscoped. Guessed last 10 S3 questions without looking at them due to time constraints (I did my exam in sections), I hope the majority were C.
Overall: No idea how I went.
I hoped third time would be the charm, but apparently not. Not looking forward to GAMSAT next year, essays will Rek me.

rand_althor

HSC
I think for the leap year question you added all the fractions which meant L was a leap year, and subtracted the fractions for which L wasn't a leap year. I actually have no idea what the calculation itself is meant to give you. Not 100% sure if it's right but I saw nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Khan.Paki

HSC
well...looks like its time to become a plumber. There goes my dreams down the drain.

nancylime

HSC
If you become a plumber you can grab those dreams from the pesky drain

torylearn

HSC
N/A
some pick the middle questions were a bit ....... 2-3 were identical.

enoilgam

HSC
I would rather run a marathon than try and work out how the f most of those pick the middle patterns worked
The first time I did it, I had no clue with that stuff. Practice definitely helps with s3 mainly because you start picking up on the frequent pattern designs ACER uses.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
How many people do you reckon were in the exam room?

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
I liked the electrical switch/fuse question but was running out of time towards the end and was rushing, having to guess a few. Anyone get the Kings councillors? And is anyone certain about the animal communication questions answers?
I got the king's councillors one, I found it to be okay, and I think I put 2 for the minimum. Was the electrical switch question the one where you had to press all of them but only once and had to end up on a particular button?

Anyone get the game question where the board/circle thingy rotates however many spots indicated by the tag you put on it and it's game over if it there is already one in that spot?

The first time I did it, I had no clue with that stuff. Practice definitely helps with s3 mainly because you start picking up on the frequent pattern designs ACER uses.
True but Acer used very weird patterns this time, out of the 30 practice papers I did there were very little similar questions. I used the mapping method only once D:

I was in Dubbo and there were 34 of us lol what about you?
Wow, in the Sydney AM session there were approximately 7 rows of 10 for each letter so around 1700 students in that session. Probably around the same amount for the PM session. An approximation only based on memory, didn't count or anything.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)