UMAT results and Medicine Interviews (1 Viewer)

UAI-99

These were my scores:

Section 1: 80th percentile
Section 2: 91st percentile
Section 3:88th percentile

What about the rest of u? What were ur scores/interviews?

I have had an interview at newcastle already and going to Adelaide on saturday, hopefully i get into one of them.

HSC
my scores......

section 1 95%

section2 100% :D

section 3 88%

probably would have done better in section 3 if i saw one of those crazy mirror image ones 5 seconds earlier.........

cant complain but........

raw marks

section 1 68

section2 131

section 3 62

tho i farked my newwie interview.......

and uai might let me down.......

interviews so far have been good cept newwie........last interview is next week......monash.......

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
scaled

section 1 : 92nd percentile

section 2 : 85th percentile

section3 :... im ashamed to write it...35th percentile

bah...

oh well

raw marks
something like 66, 66 and 46

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
i got barred from newcastle - hmm... got adelaide on saturday, r u guys staying over? im staying at one of the colleges

HSC
yeah pretty stupid me getting a (scaled) mark of 131 for interpersonal skills.......im the most mal adjusted person socially and have NO interpersoanl skills in real life..........the system fails again

aby

------------>
for people who got interviews at unsw and newcastle, which did u put first on your UAC pref''s?

I put unsw tho it was a close call..

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I only applied for UNSW and got UNSW. how did you go, aby?

aby

------------>
my interviews? they went alright i guess, although the UNSW interview was weirder than the other interviews i had (the questions were unusually irrelevant and I had to stop myself laughing half the time)!!

Weisy, just out of curiousity, how come u didn't apply anywhere else like newcastle? Is it the convenience of living at home, or the course structure? I applied pretty much everywhere.

Good luck anyway!! Is anyone else getting really nervous about offers??

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Well, to be perfectly honest, I won't kill myself if I don't get into med. I have a perfectly good backup degree I'll get into and then I'll try for graduate med if I'm still up for it in five years time. I applied to UNSW because my parents would probably not have me move out of home, and so even if I did get an offer it would be unlikely that I would accept it, especially since I would have to go there for interviews and the like. But I know many people like you who applied pretty much anywhere, and I suppose that would be me if I had wanted to do med all my life. But that isn't the case.

Good on you for getting all those interviews! :) I hope you're successful.

THere's no point in getting nervous about offers though...like the HSC results, UAI, etc. it's not going to affect the outcome in the slightest, whether you're nervous or not!

Last edited:

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Originally posted by Weisy
Well, to be perfectly honest, I won't kill myself if I don't get into med. I have a perfectly good backup degree I'll get into and then I'll try for graduate med if I'm still up for it in five years time.
Yeh same, I took med off my preferences even before the interviews for this reason. Seriously, what's the rush? I want to be sure that I want to do medicine before actually doing it. i know first hand how hard doctors have to work and it isnt the great life people think it is, because if you dont relaly have alove and passion for it, its the wrong path to take. Doctoars have the second highest suicide rate of any profession after dentists.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
wow... i would never consider med, i admire ppl that can

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)