JCU medicine and dentistry (1 Viewer)

abc1234567890

HSC
N/A
Hi, has anyone applied to JCU med and dent (in one application) and received offers for both? Do you have any advice? Also, do your course preferences matter?

Thank you :)

Last edited:

abcdefghijklmnopqrs

HSC
Hi, has anyone applied to JCU med and dent (in one application) and received offers for both? Do you have any advice? Also, do your course preferences matter? I would really appreciate it if anyone could reply here or PM me.

Thank you :)
I'm applying to med and dentistry at JCU as well!! I would love to do either, but I feel as though I won't get accepted into dentistry because my application is so medicine orientated... Hopefully someone who can help replies :tongue:

jemosaur

HSC
Hey guys, current JCU dent student. There a few people in the course who originally applied to both med and dent. As far as I've heard, the applications are looked at independently, whether or not you have applied for either course. However I do believe it's important the ranking of each course you place on QTAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abc1234567890

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, current JCU dent student. There a few people in the course who originally applied to both med and dent. As far as I've heard, the applications are looked at independently, whether or not you have applied for either course. However I do believe it's important the ranking of each course you place on QTAC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your advice :)

aransandrasegar

HSC
To the class of 2016:
As someone studying with an unbounded place at JCU medicine, I believe that you can definitely prepare for the JCU interview. In fact, I believe you are disadvantaging yourself if you don’t. The interview is worth about as much as your ATAR in getting into JCU and yet many will do minimal preparation apart from answering a few questions. As a tutor, I seek to provide skills, techniques and a systematic program for acing the interview. I am holding three hour classes at the State Library that you can book by e-mailing me and in which you can expect:
1. Introduction to JCU medical course – all you need to know
2. Section 1 - why you want to do medicine, why medicine at JCU, some leadership characteristics you have, how you cope with stress, what you know about the JCU course and rural medicine and maybe a few other generic things.
a. Practice question discussion
b. Techniques
c. Sample answers
3. Section 2 - many cases that I have
b. Techniques
c. Sample answers
4. Section 3 - will provide points for research
a. Common issue discussion
b. Techniques
5. Mock interviews and feedback

Email me for more information, proof of results, more about me or to arrange classes available from November 20th.
Mobile : 0450020443
Email : unidentifiable2000-tutor@yahoo.com

Last edited:

aransandrasegar

HSC
To the class of 2016:
As someone studying with an unbounded place at JCU medicine, I believe that you can definitely prepare for the JCU interview. In fact, I believe you are disadvantaging yourself if you don’t. The interview is worth about as much as your ATAR in getting into JCU and yet many will do minimal preparation apart from answering a few questions. As a tutor, I seek to provide skills, techniques and a systematic program for acing the interview. I am holding three hour classes at the State Library that you can book by e-mailing me and in which you can expect:
1. Introduction to JCU medical course – all you need to know
2. Section 1 - why you want to do medicine, why medicine at JCU, some leadership characteristics you have, how you cope with stress, what you know about the JCU course and rural medicine and maybe a few other generic things.
b. Techniques
c. Sample answers
3. Section 2 - many cases that I have
b. Techniques
c. Sample answers
4. Section 3 - will provide points for research
a. Common issue discussion
b. Techniques
5. Mock interviews and feedback

Email me for more information, proof of results, more about me or to arrange classes available from November 20th.
Mobile : 0450020443
Email : unidentifiable2000-tutor@yahoo.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)