JMP Interviews - 2016 Entry (1 Viewer)

hscmathematics

HSC
Interviews are out via email (For UNE at least, not sure about UoN), might as well kick off a thread

S1=63
Interview offer at UNE

Congrats to all who got one!

flyingdoctor

HSC
Interviews are out via email (For UNE at least, not sure about UoN), might as well kick off a thread

S1=63
Interview offer at UNE

Congrats to all who got one!
Really? Called UoN earlier this week and they only mentioned post from next week. Strange given it's a joint program.

MissE

HSC
N/A
Really? Called UoN earlier this week and they only mentioned post from next week. Strange given it's a joint program.
I called Sue at UoN yesterday, she said they are being posted today - via regular post.
I agree, it does seem odd!
Edit: CONGRATS!!

sn1p

HSC
Weird how the University of Newcastle is even more technologically behind than the University of New England haha.
Congrats guys :D

hscmathematics

HSC
Odd that UNE sends emails while UoN sends letters still. uNE has sent letters in the past so an email was a bit strange as UoN is still sending letters.

Anyway, anyone with S1>=62 should expect an interview from what I've heard so far!

running31

HSC
I got a UNE interview today with a S1=60 so lower than you think

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
I got a UNE interview today with a S1=60 so lower than you think
There is probably a 0.01% chance but I really hope cut off is 58 this year xD
People who are getting interviews for UNE, was that your first preference?

running31

HSC
There is probably a 0.01% chance but I really hope cut off is 58 this year xD
People who are getting interviews for UNE, was that your first preference?
I had Newcastle as first, bit annoying im going to have to go all the way to armidale

iStudent

HSC
I had Newcastle as first, bit annoying im going to have to go all the way to armidale
At least you won't be consumed alive by mosquitoes (there was an infestation at Newcastle when I did my interview there...). :D

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
If you do your interview at UNE and get offered a spot, will that be at UNE or does that interview apply to Newcastle as well?

YouCantMakeMe

HSC
N/A
Got one too! :)
Are you guys staying overnight in their rooms? Or finding one from a hotel nearby?

A1P

HSC
I'd say because by the time they got to S1=60 all Newcastle slots had been allocated.

YouCantMakeMe

HSC
N/A
I listed JMP as my sixth preference ahaha. Will probably move it up now lol.

Does anyone know what a MSA/PQA is like?

MissE

HSC
N/A
If you do your interview at UNE and get offered a spot, will that be at UNE or does that interview apply to Newcastle as well?
Interview location has no bearing on where you are offered a spot. They use your preferences and nothing else.

I did my undergrad at UoN and can confirm the place is a mosquito breeding ground. It's surrounded by wetlands so it's not surprising.
Pack some Deet, you'll survive

A1P

HSC
They use your preferences and nothing else.
Pretty sure they use your preferences plus your post-interview ranking (both places combined).

Rank high you get your preference, rank lower than its cutoff point you are given the other if it still has places.

MissE

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure they use your preferences plus your post-interview ranking (both places combined).

Rank high you get your preference, rank lower than its cutoff point you are given the other if it still has places.
I was referring to interview offers, not offers of entry. Interview performance definitely impacts where you get an offer there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)