Medical Science UNSW -> UWS/UNSW Med (1 Viewer)

ICantThinkOfAName

HSC
I know I won't get into Medicine at UNSW or UWS for 2017 so is it possible to transfer from Medical Science at UNSW to UWS Med in my second year?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly don't understand people who post stupid questions like these. A quick google search will answer the question much quicker than waiting for a reply here. This is a highly asked question which has been answered countless times. Do people even do research into the field they wish to enter, especially one as difficult as med? Maybe we should employ a policy like PagingDr (postgrad med forum), which prohibits members from asking few stupid questions which are easily google-able or have been answered multiple times before on past threads. You are aiming to become a doctor, use some initiative. The internet provides a wealth of information. Use it.

Follow

To answer your questions:
Yes you can, you can enter UNSW or UWS med from any undergrad degree. UWS uses a GPA/ATAR threshold (whichever is higher), then looks at UMAT results. UNSW will use your GPA + ATAR then divide that mark by 2, to create an academic rank thingo. That rank is weighted 1/3, with UMAT and interview composing the other 2/3.

Both these pathways will require you to resist the UMAT, except your GPA will be taken into account. You will commence into year 1 of med, so it’s not really transferring but rather reapplying.

UNSW also has a lateral entry transfer scheme. You can google that I ceebs explaining. If you have a very high ATAR (99+) I recommend deferring a year because some universities around Aus (not UWS or UNSW) do not accept students who have commenced uni study e.g. Monash.
Disclaimer – some of this info might be outdated, do some googling.
its funny cuz u can also use the search tool on these forums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)