Has UMAT been removed for UNSW Optometry entry? (1 Viewer)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I remember you required the UMAT and an ATAR above 95 for entry into Optometry at UNSW?

Now from reading on their site they have suddenly changed the ATAR entry to 98 without mentioning UMAT.

Has there been some sort of change? Neither have they even mentioned such a change on their site.

https://www.optometry.unsw.edu.au/future/admission-requirements
Didn't you make a post where you were asking about studying for UMAT in year 11??? Sucks to go to the effort and then find out you don't have to do it... On the plus-side, one lest test to do, right? :)

si2136

HSC
N/A
Wow, they actually changed it!

Looks like you need to do Vision Science anyways and then do a Masters in Clinical Optometry.

Rip the demand of Optometry then.

Simorgh

HSC
Didn't you make a post where you were asking about studying for UMAT in year 11??? Sucks to go to the effort and then find out you don't have to do it... On the plus-side, one lest test to do, right? :)
Nah I am still gonna be doin UMAT for Med. Optometry is like my 2nd choice.

But either way need to get 98+ to increase chances of getting into Med and off course Optometry.

HSC
oh I meant to quote the guy who said "Looks like you need to do Vision Science anyways and then do a Masters in Clinical Optometry," was it different before?

si2136

HSC
N/A
oh I meant to quote the guy who said "Looks like you need to do Vision Science anyways and then do a Masters in Clinical Optometry," was it different before?
Yes. You could directly enter into Optometry before. I think this course admission changed this yr

Simorgh

HSC
Yes. You could directly enter into Optometry before. I think this course admission changed this yr
You still enter directly into the Master of Clinical Optometry which is a double degree with Bachelor of Vision Science. So still basically the same degree.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)