Welcome to the new Medicine section! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hello everyone,

Over the last few months many, many threads have been posted about entry to Medicine and the student lifestyle that follows, in different parts of the board. I and a number of other posters have done our best to help with every query we could, though over time I have noticed that the volume of threads was becoming more and more difficult to keep up with.

Thus I asked the administrators to create this new section devoted to questions about medicine. From now I will be moving threads about medicine in general to this subforum, so that information can be more easily found. If you have a question about the specific medical schools (UNSW and Newcastle) you are still welcome and encouraged to post your questions on their own Faculty of Medicine subsections, but for threads about Medicine in general I would appreciate all threads to stay in here.

My attitude to answering questions is simple. If someone asks something I don't already know the answer to, it's probably a good idea to go find it. Why? Because I'm applying (again) for medicine too, and I'll probably want to know the answer for myself just as much as anyone else here. Add to that the fact that the interview panels will like you more if you know a bit about their program and you have a deal.

Also, there is another site and forum I frequent called AusMedStudent, the members are all either friendly medical students or preparing candidates, and the resources available are excellent. I highly encourage you to take a look!

Don't forget: all medical students are welcome to talk about their experiences here. Your conversations will give some valuable insight into medicine - helping everyone else to decide whether or not it's really what they want.

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

--Robert

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Yeah Rob...can address you on first name terms now but I know how committed and qualified you are for entry, more so than some students in my course so I have confidence that you can make it. Best of luck and heads down for studying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)