undergrad degrees as a pathway to med (1 Viewer)

Faris_I

HSC
Hey all,
List undergraduate degrees that can be a pathway to medicine but also be enough for a career on its own
thank you

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Commerce
Engineering
Law
Architecture
Maths
Actuary
Nursing
Physiotherapy
Occupational health
Speech path

iStudent

HSC
Yeh basically everything that yields jobs because there's no subject or degree requirement to study medicine undergrad

So perhaps a better question is what undergrad degrees you SHOULDN'T do as a pathway to med. (med sci/biomed, pharmacy, perhaps science as some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head)

Faris_I

HSC
thanks for your reply, why would you say you SHOULDN'T do med sci or pharmacy, i thought they would be the closest to med?

iStudent

HSC
You asked for degrees that are enough to be a career on its own

Unfortunately, the employment prospects for med sci or pharmacy is bleak right now (unless I'm wrong - someone feel free to correct me)

aoc

HSC
istudent is right i remember i asked a med lecturer at unsw what he thought about me doing comm/sci undergrad and then sitting the gamsat for postgrad med and he said thats a good choice since jobs with a medsci degree are hard to find

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
unis should start offering pharm as a research degree instead tbh

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
You asked for degrees that are enough to be a career on its own

Unfortunately, the employment prospects for med sci or pharmacy is bleak right now (unless I'm wrong - someone feel free to correct me)
How do you guys know what jobs are in demand? For example, I know physics and maths teachers are in demand because scholarships are being offered to those who study this.

iStudent

HSC
How do you guys know what jobs are in demand? For example, I know physics and maths teachers are in demand because scholarships are being offered to those who study this.
A bit of research can yield good results :)
Google, ask people in the course/industry etc etc (although you need to be critical, because there is a lot of misinformation that is spread around - in bos as well!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)